Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

August 22, 2013

Extending the use of Spellbinders ...

Hi Everybody,

I have had few emails lately asking me to explain what demonstrators mean by Faux Nesties. 

I think it is better explained in a video and so   Faux Nesties  was made over the weekend.

It is not long but shows the technique that you can use to increase the use of all the labels dies that you may have in your collection.

And the more we can extend the use of these dies the better ... gives you more value for your money and that has to be a good thing.

So I hope you will enjoy my labors over Sunday and I hope the rain pouring down on my loft window doesn't spoil the tutorial too much.

This image  from  Lili of the Valley  was colored with Spectrum Noir ... but it was done some time ago and so I cannot add the list of colors used ... because I can't remember them ... soreee !!

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx


5 comments:

  1. Hi Christina another lovely card .
    i love it when you do a video and this one was good ,i have drawn round the outer edge of a die but never thought about drawing round the inside .please keep the videos coming and thank you for taking the time to do them.
    Marion H

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Christina. I use this method sometimes, especially when I have used the largest die to put my image and and I draw around it to get a slightly larger mat. xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faux mats are so useful. Thanks for the video Christina. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just precious, I have been tracing around the outside when I have wanted a smaller edge around my die but never thought of going around the inside, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet image!! Colored beautifully!! The design is gorgeous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...