Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

November 10, 2013

Botanical Swirls ...

Hi Everybody,

 This pretty card uses the  Botanical Swirls  from Spellbinders and it creates a really  intricate background for you in one simple pass.

It is an extendable die and so has no cutting edge around the outside of the pattern and once it has been cut it still needs to be hand cut some more to release all the beauty of the pattern.

The video will show you exactly what I mean and then all will become clear if you are not used to this type of die.


Look at any of your dies carefully and make sure that they are those with a cutting edge before you start to worry that they are faulty or that you are not using them correctly.

Not all of them will cut ... some will emboss and now some will deboss and add extra pattern to your designs.

The flowers on this card are from Wild Orchid Crafts  and they have been sparkle with Glamour Dust.

The Diamante is from Want2Scrap  and I have used just a tiny piece to decorate the sentiment.




So over the next few weeks I will try to show you how I use these dies and the difference in the edges and hope fully it will help you to see what you can do with them as you work.

Grab a cuppa and a biscuit or two ... or three ... and enjoy the video

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

12 comments:

  1. Lovely card Christina. I have this die so I'm gonna watch your video later, but with a cuppa and jam doughnut (my Sunday treat). Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning card Christina, I keep coming back to your site to try and get my mojo back. It just isn't ready yet. :-( Maybe soon, I hope. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this video Christina, I have his die and never new what to do with it, so I am off to try it out now. Many thanks
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very helpful video, and a lovely card, too! Thank you for showing how to use this type of die; I have the Fancy Lattice, and it confused me at first. BethAnn M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love all your cards christina they are always stunning , just wish i could afford to buy the dies. but one day i hope .take care big hugs linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christina, I would like to thank you for doing this video...I did not know about such dies and wrote to Spellbinder's customer service regarding one of the border dies. However, I think that should be noted on the description, so one is aware before the purchase. Keep producing those great tutorial videos, they are of great educational value to us all in the crafting world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning card and thanks for the video It is much easier to follow
    Vivien x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another stunning card, Christina. I was thinking of buying the lattice die so now you've convinced me to go ahead and then give it a try. Thanks so much.
    Jenny C xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tell you in italian language: SEI BRAVISSIMA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. I have the matting spellbinders and would love to get the swirl. You're embellishments just finish the card right off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card. I like everything about your cards. They are truly unique.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, I just love the way you arrange your flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...