Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

November 18, 2015

2-4-1 Christmas Card (Video Tutorial)

Hi Everybody,

Todays card is a little special and will take some measuring from you to get it centred

It is well worth the effort if you do and you will get two cards for one by using the positive and  negative of the die cut

Let the video show you how I did this and then maybe you would like to try it for yourself.



This is the second card and it is really pretty with the diamanté studded around it and I am really pleased with the way both have turned out.

Make them in different colours and send them to your special friends this year.  I used Faded Jeans Distress Inks as it blends so well

The letters I have used are from Donnas' Alphas from Spellbinders and I have had this set for a long time.

I am trying to re use the older dies as I know that many of you may have them and if you do then we may as well make use of them.

The background to the second card is Grate Effect  and it makes the loveliest back drop to the words.

You can use any alphabets  that you have as they will work using the same method.

These two are created using Spellbinders Font One Uppercase and it is a finer font than the other.

The colour is Salty Ocean and I have used a Splodge Mat  to help me blend my inks ... and this company now do many stencils that you can blend with
This the same die set and the card on the left has been made into a shaker card.

The stamp set was free with Simply Cards and Papercrafts  and it has proved to be really useful 

So there you have some pretty ideas to make some of your cards and with an alphabet you can add any name or occasion that you wish.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx





26 comments:

  1. Morning Christina, four cards fabulous cards today I think number two edges it for me but they are all great worth a try for Christmas.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fantastic cards, live the second one especially.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christina, A really great tutorial and video, I love that with a little forward thinking you have two beautiful cards minimum, because you have samples of lots of words to the same finish. Thank you. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina
    Wow, loving your cards so original and time saving, Thank you for the Video, i will watch later with my coffee.
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creations Christina. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these cards are so very pretty. I love that you used both positive and negative letters, heat embossed your background and used parchment to heat emboss your sentiment. The Splodge mat is something new to me but it looks like it makes adding ink easier.. I think it's a tool I might need. Thank you for sharing your wonderful tutorial. I always enjoy seeing you create step by step from beginning to end and today we were treated to a double card! Who doesn't love that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Christina,
    Lovely card, will have to watch the video later.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christina what a great video,love all the cards you have done.
    Marion H

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christine
    Lovely cards today. I'll watch the video later.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so creative Christina thanks, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Christina
    I like the look of both these cards veery much, but I haven't seen the video yet, I will save that to watch whilst I am having my lunch.
    Margaret xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christina , they are all lovely and look well worth the effort
    Thank you, cheers Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are just lovely Christina. Thank you for the video, it's such a help to be able to craft along with you! Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning Christina :) You are just so creative.... I'm going to nominate you to be one of Santa's Helpers!! Love, Love, Love the Cards and I always enjoy your videos. Thank you so much for sharing and for all you do. Have a glorious day. Big Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi Christina, what a clever idea to use both the negative and positive to get two lovely cards. Thanks for the video tutorial, so nice to get step by step instructions. I can't wait to try this out hugs Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant - a really great video - so well explained. Lovely cards, Thanks - again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Christina. All of today's cards are lovely so it's hard to choose my favourite. Thank you so much for the video which I will watch later as I have just got home and have 'jobs' to do first!! X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Christina, WOW!! What fantastic cards....you have been very busy! and a wonderful tutorial as well, we have all been very spoilt. Thanks so much for sharing these with us. Janelle x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two great cards today using the positive and negative. Thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful collection. The colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Christina
    These cards are all really gorgeous. I've just watched the video and as always it's very easy to follow. I don't have all the same dies but wiull adapt and have a go. Thanks for showing us.
    Love & best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Christina, these are such striking cards. I think I love the first one best although it's really hard to choose. If you don't mind, I'd like to copy your ideas. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Christina, well! What fabulous cards you have treated us to today, great idea for batch making cards and no waste, love it. I have that background die soooo! I feel a Christmas card making session coming on. Thank you for the video instructions.
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for a lovely video. So inspirational. I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Christina, great cards I think if had to choose it would be the second one but they are both lovely, great video. Take Care Melody xXx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...