Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

November 11, 2015

Thanks ...

Hi Everybody,

The background to this card is created from a two part stamp made by My Favorite Things

It is the Candy Stripe Background 

One stamp is the thicker stripes which I have done in pink and the other is the thinner triple stripes in black

It would look really good in other colours too, and it is the perfect  way to create your own backgrounds, to match your designs, when you don't have a suitable paper on hand.

Play with the stamp ...  use just one part of it for a simple look.

Stamp it one way and then turn it around to create some checks. Try it diagonally too for another look. I am sure that you can come up with many more ideas as you play.

The "Thanks"  word is a small die from  AlteNew  and it has the  matching stamp set  to go with it, and from that set I used the other part to the sentiment.

I cut the word twice from black card and black craft foam and layered the two together

Another that is not my usual style and I don't profess to be a stamper ... but never the less I enjoyed making this card and playing with some of the new and different items I have been buying

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx


19 comments:

  1. Morning Christina, a very simple but effective card the background is great thought it was paper you had used your stamping is perfect glad you enjoyed making the card you are a very talented lady.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very impressive card Christina, I love it, thanks Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the idea of a stamp that creates a stripe in two different colors. The look is awesome and I can see the different looks from different colors. Love the sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Christina,
    A very nice CAS card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is good to get out of our comfort zone sometimes isn't it. i often make my own backgrounds with stamps now too. i think your card looks great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moring, Christina,
    Ooh...a candy stripe stamp, how cool is that? Pink and black go really well together don't they. I can see this stamp being used with red and green for Christmas (or for my rugby league club colours lol). 'Simple' cards are useful at times, especially if you have to make a few at a time. I could see this being made as a set of cards for a gift and just making each one different by changing the colour of the stripes :)
    Bx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just goes to show how little effort can bring out a brilliant card.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very striking card Christina love it

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Christina :) Love today's card! That would also make a wonderful plaid background. That is going to be a very versatile stamp and I'm going to have to hunt one down. Even though it is not your "Signature Style", it IS a Christina Card and it does have all the detail and professional integrity you give to ALL your cards. Thank you so much for sharing. Have a wonderful creative day! Big Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christina
    A very simple, but striking card, which with different sentiments would fit any occasion.
    Margaret xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Christina
    Good card and as you say far from your usual style but a brilliant card all the same
    Love & best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, suitable for so many occasions.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great looking card....I can see this pattern in many colors....tfs
    well done Christina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply yet lovely. ideal for creativity

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Christina! Great job on your card. Did you use the MISTI (most incredible stamping tool invented)? If you haven't tried it, you'll be most amazed. It eliminates all those stamping mishaps by being able to re-stamp over again. Check it out at: MY SWEET PETUNIA or You tube. It will take away all your stamping worries. Not getting paid for saying these things about the MISTI.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very different and not one I would choose but I can see it will suit some people so well done trying different styles. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the simplicity of this card, plus I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Christine, love this very useful stamp set and the way you've used it to make this great card. I'm enjoying your various styles of cards. Janelle x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...