Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

November 24, 2015

Tuesday Tutorial - Arched Window One

Hi Everybody,

Todays tutorial is using the Arched Window that could be suitable for any occasion. Wedding, Christening, Sympathy or Confirmation.  I have decided to use mine for this Christmas card and apart from a little painting it was very easy to do.

 Spellbinders Supplies:
Other Supplies:
Instructions:
Create a base card by simply folding an A4 piece of white card in half along the short side and then cutting it in half.  This will create two bases for you to use.
Cut another panel slightly smaller than the base card and emboss it with a brick effect pattern
Lightly rub a blender over the raised areas with a pale ink to accentuate the bricks ... I used Antique Linen
From the Arches die #3 and #4 cut them together to create the frame 
From the thin strip cut two or three to create the bars on the window.
(Please remember that die #1 is always the smallest)
Keep the small centre panel for another project
With any stamps that you have in your "Stash" create a little scene but make sure that it will fit inside the frame that you have just cut. 
I used a tree for mine and water coloured around it with Broken China and Black Soot.
Once it was dry I used a glue pen and dotted around the picture then sprinkled it with glitter
Create the window and add as many bars across as you like ... or leave them out altogether if you prefer.  I then added some Acetate to the back and trimmed it to fit the frame.
Add foam pads around the frame and carefully add it over your little scene and trim if needed
Add more foam pads to the back for more dimension
Wrap the twine around the bottom of the window frame and add in a couple of miniature bells
I stamped my sentiment in black and then heat emboss it with clear powder onto a strip of parchment 
Add the brick embossed panel to your base card and place the window in the position you prefer
Wrap the sentiment around the panel securing it on the back 
Add all to the base card and embellish as you like
On the card at the top of the page I used cream pearls and on the card at the bottom of the page I used white ribbon and Diamanté snowflakes
But both are really pretty cards
There is another idea using this die set for a Wedding Card

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

35 comments:

  1. Morning Christina, this is a fabulous card ideal for the men in our lives not to over the top at Christmas for them.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty traditional card. Your stamped image looks perfect in the window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards today Christina! The little scene you've created looks wonderful. A really great tutorial, thank you. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has made a lovely Christmas card Christina! Like you said it could be used for other occasions too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of them, simple but very effective
    cheers
    Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow-great card, perfect for batch making at Christmas.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christina, fantastic card and as per usual reall easy to follow instructions. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really are a star Christina , your ideas and tutorials are fab.
    Such lovely cards and a little added touch make them look so different.
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christina really like these cards ,will have to try and remember them
    for next year as i have finished my Xmas cards for this year and put all my stuff away.
    Marion H

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card,
    thanks for the great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a super card, Christina, definitely on my to do list in the next week
    hugs Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Christine,
    Love the little scene behind the winder, perfect.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful - I would have to add a ready made image - cant paint for the life of me! Just ordered the Saphire from C &C - missed out previously! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Christina
    Love both these cards - they're beautiful. I love how you always come up with such gorgeous designs and also give us such easy to follow instructions. Thank you
    Love & best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a brilliant idea Christina, thank you for the tutorial....a truly lovely card, in fact both of them....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Christina,
    What a beautiful card and so easy to achieve the great look. I think even I could manage the little bit of painting on the winter scene lol. I have to say that my wish list is getting ever longer when I see some of the things you use in your tutorials, especially the embossing folders...I'm pretty sure that I just don't have enough of those :).
    Bejay xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good Morning Christina :) Well.... I came here earlier, had a look/see and then went to Amazon and ordered the Arched Windows! Christina ...!! It's all your fault woman. You keep making such Beautiful Cards..... And I hope you NEVER stop!! Thank You. Big Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Christina, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A really lovely card and wonderful tutorial xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. How beautiful, thanks for the tutorial. I have a different window die, wonder if I can do a similar card???

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you Christina beautiful card & easy to follow tutorial.
    Crafty Hug's Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty. The picture draws you in.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Elegant card Christina, truly beautiful. I clicked on the link for the wedding card that uses this die set and that too is absolutely stunning. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card for Christmas or winter thank you. I love the watercolour. Great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Christina, I agree with Donna , Bejay and others, it is all your fault that your cards are so beautiful and you have the ability to teach your ideas so well that we go out and order awesome dies. I love all the cards you have shared this last week. Winows are awesome.
    Thanksgiving this week in the USA. and you are a blessings to us all.
    hugs to all who are going through trials.
    ~blessings, Louise

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Christina, Beautiful card. So many wonderful techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Christina, beautiful cards again, I have the window die must get it out and dust it down, Donna's comments made me smile, been there, done that and bought the die, forget the tee shirt!!!
    Regards Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Christina. Thank you for the great tutorial for such lovely Christmas cards. My preference is for the second one with ribbon on, X

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love window cards. So pretty. Pinned as usual. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765610745962/

    ReplyDelete
  31. merci beaucoup c'est tres joli comme d'habitude
    pleins de gros bisous a vous de FRANCE

    ReplyDelete
  32. This card is beautiful Christina.
    Kind regards
    Anne Owens

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...