Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

December 29, 2015

Tuesday Tutorial - Floral Burst

Hi Everybody,

Do you have any of the Cut, Fold and Tuck dies in your crafting "Stash"? This one is the Floral Burst from Spellbinders and it has been around for quite some time.  

But for me it is time to revisit some of these older dies and put them to good use and for this card I have used several different sets.
I am sure that many of you will have dies that have not seen the light of day for some time too
Spellbinders Supplies:
Other Supplies:
Instructions:

With die #7 from Matting Basics A cut two pieces of white card and Create a Hinged Card
With die #7 from Matting Basics B cut another panel from some patterned paper
(Please remember that die #1 is always the smallest)
Hand cut another layer in plain card to sit in between the die cut ones
Glue the two layers together but don't add to the base card yet

With the largest die from Detained Scallops and Decorative Labels Eight  cut one panel in white and add thin foam tape to the back of each
With #5 Labels Eight cut another plain panel in white and dry emboss this

With Luscious Lime cut the Floral Burst and fold each petal back and tuck under the previous one
Place small foam pads in strategic places at the back of the shape
Stamp and heat emboss the sentiment onto some parchment that is long enough to wrap around all the layers. I placed mine at an angle for a different look this time

Have a practise run to see how you would like the card to look and when you are happy with it remove the backings from the foam tape and complete.

Finish the card with any embellishments that you have 

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx
















23 comments:

  1. Morning Christina, a very pretty card bought these cut fold and tuck dies when they were released but never used them much wasn't that keen on them made up just me I suppose but gave them to a fellow crafter.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card & yes, I have a few of these dies so my aim is to use them again.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased you are rooting out the old dies Christina, this is my New Year Resolution , Look and Play with all my dies and put them to good use .....
    Beautiful card today ,love those layers.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Christina,
    Love your g=bright cheery card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning, Christina,
    What a pretty card! I have to admit that my only experience of the cut, tuck and fold dies is watching Dean on Create & Craft trying to say it live on TV without getting embarrassingly tongue tied lol. It certainly gives a lovely effect, so it looks like a few may end up on my Spellbinders wish list lol. I love the colour you chose for the flower as well, very fresh...and isn't it lovely to be able to get away from Christmas cards for a few months :)
    Bejay x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you bring out older dies and I happen to have all the dies used in this card! Even if I didn't have the dies, I would still like seeing cards made with older dies. It sends a silent message that using older dies is perfectly acceptable. As we all know, purchasing the newest dies can get expensive. You set an example and I appreciate that. I also believe that many older does can still be found and if we can't find a particular die, it challenges us to find a substitute. This card is lovely, as always and the focal point is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and elegant card, Christina!
    I have had these cut, fold and tuck dies for quite a long time, but never bothered to find out how to use them.
    Now I have tried them, and they are so fun to play with :))
    Here you have given me more inspiration, and I know I shall be using them more often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christina
    Lovely card. Haven't got any cut fold and tuck dies so some more for the wish list. Thanks for the tutorial
    Love & best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely card Christina. i recently bought the matting basics dies and just love that i get my layers right every time. they are a great start to any card. best wishes for the new year. hugs.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these dies- the scallop one was the first die I ever bought after seeing cards at a craft show made with it.I now have many more - including some cut and tuck ones. I'll have to have a "sort out" and have another go at using them. Thanks for the reminder . xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Christina
    Lovely card today and thanks for the tutorial. I don't have any of these dies, but might now have a re look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely refreshing card! I haven't tried these cut and fold dies, but they look like fun. So nice to see how to use some older dies, even if I don't have them! You never know what may pop up on a clearance rack. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. BBeautiful card...it turned out fantastic...
    I have two of the fold dies, I'll have to take them out and try this style...tfs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, stunning colour you have used. Thanks for the tutorial, I do have a different set of dies to try a similar card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have several of these cut, fold and tuck dies, have not used them in ages, must get them out, this is really lovely how you used it here with the other dies, yes I think we are all guilty of buying so many dies and using them a few times and putting them away and forgetting about them, must have a rummidge and see what I have got....thanks for the brilliant tutorial Christina....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely! I definitely need to get a couple of the cut and fold dies!! I really like the effect! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Christina, love how you have used the different dies to produce a beautiful card.
    Hope you had a lovely Christmas.
    Kind regards
    Anne Owens

    ReplyDelete
  18. really beautiful card, I have never thought of putting a fold and tuck die on a card, it looks so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  19. I forgot that I have a few of these dies. I have to make several thank you cards and they would be perfect. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  20. Although I don't have any of these tuck/fold dies (nearly did a faux pas then) but it's great to see older dies being used

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Christina. I too have these dies in my collection so must dig them out and have a play. Love this card, especially the lime and white colours. Thanks for the great tutorial. X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing colour Christina. Great card x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...