Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

July 25, 2016

Ombre Effect and Die Cutting

Hi Everybody,

This neat card is featured in todays YouTube Video and it is called   Ombre Effect and Die Cutting  

It uses the Grate Effect die from Spellbinders and I have used the waste from the die to create my card front

I have used this idea before to create a really lovely card and showed you how to get two cards from the one die cut 

But this time I thought I would  do this in another way to get a different type of look and I really liked this card once it was completed

The sentiment is a bold statement on the card too and this is one I shall use time and time again. I cut it several times and layered them together for strength

The sequins just make it pop and they are a very popular embellishment at present. 

In the vidoe I have used other colours for the card too and as long as the colours blend together your cards will be fine. 

Don't worry if the ink looks blotchy because once it is cut out with the die no one will know as so little of it will show ... have fun

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

14 comments:

  1. Morning Christina,
    In other colours this would be great for a man, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice simple card. Watched your video to see how it was made, a little fussy to make but very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and what a great idea on how to use a gridded die
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Christina, I love the ombre effect you have created.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, Christina! I have watched many of your videos... I noticed you use mainly wet glue as adhesive. I was wondering what brand you use and where you purchase. Thank you!
    MaryEllen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card, using the 'waste', would you believe it....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christina

    The ombre affect is very effective and suitable for both female and male cards, obviously with a more subtle colour for the male.... unless, of course, he happens to like pink! lol

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, such a fun technique :)
    Thanks for a great video!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christina
    Just watched your video and it makes for a lovely card. I haven't got that die but will adapt with one of my dies. Thanks for the video
    Love & best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very unusual and thinking outside the box idea. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christina- this is a very lovely card. I like the ombré effect it looks nice. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christina, a great card I do have this die off to watch video to see how you achieved this look.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, great idea to use up the "waste ".

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Christina, this is so unusual but so striking. So pretty.
    Love Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...