Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

October 23, 2014

Will You Help please ...

Hi Everybody,

A few days ago I was asked by a young woman via Facebook if I would be willing to contribute some Christmas cards to her charity.

Philippa is trying to raise 500 handmade cards that she can send to elderly people who have no one to share Christmas with.

These are lonely people and the card may be the only contact that they have with others over the festive period.

The only commitment from you is to make a few cards and write inside the card a little about yourself for the recipient to read

It is not a lot to ask.  Just a card with a bit of chat inside ... in an envelope and a bit of postage from you can make someone smile

The charity is called  Festive Friends  and if you would like to know more then click the link to read about  it.

Now I told Phillippa that I would send her some of my cards and ....  I also said that all you lovely people out there would help too .... because I know how warm and generous you all are

So please help me to live up to my promise and send her some of the cards that  you have extra and are sitting in your craft room doing nothing.

The cards need to be sent soon so that they can then be sent out to the people that need them by Philippa at the appropraite time ...  and the link will give you all the information and the address to send the cards to and  tell you what you need to do

Would you please also tell Phillippa ... in a little added note that you are from Flowers Ribbons and Pearls and then she can tell  us how many cards we have contributed between us.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx



6 comments:

  1. What a lovely thought Christina, I will send some too but it will get to the beginning of December if this is not too late. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina
    Such a lovely card with beautiful poinsettia , i am sure i can find or make some cards to bring a little smile to a Festive Friend .

    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, I love the opportunity to brighten someone's day with a surprise I would be honoured to sent two or three cards to help get the numbers up there. Thank you for inviting us to join in.
    X Ros H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Christina,
    What a beautiful idea and one that i know brings alot of happiness to very lonely people. I can say this because as a child my mum was in the hospital an awful lot of the time because of her various illnesses and when my twin brother and i went in to see her, she would farm us out to all the patients that had no visitors and it is how we ended up with "adopted" aunts and uncles and the loveliest people we were lucky to have met in the world so i would be very happy to support such a beautiful gesture. Thank you Christina for bringing such an opportunity to us to make someone else's Christmas happy with a card, so little but brings so much happiness.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Norah (Glenochil)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful charity...I'm more than happy to send some cards but am worried that up against all the others they just won't be good enough :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christina,
    What a noble gesture, you are truly amazing. I would love to help. Gorgeous card, but I wish you would have listed the materials used on this one, would like to know where you got the sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...