Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

July 05, 2016

Tuesday Tutorial - A2 sized card

Hi Everybody,

For todays card I am going to make use of those A2 Matting Basics that you may have in your "Stash"  I am also incorporating some of the Distressed Edges that I must admit to not having used for a long time. I am keeping this as a clean and simple card.
Spellbinders Supplies:
Other Supplies:
With die #8 from the A set cut two in cream and Create a Hinged card
With #7 from Distressed Edges cut one in turquoise
With #7 from Matting Basics A cut a layer in cream
With #8 from Matting Basics B cut a layer in turquoise
With #6 from Distressed Edges cut the last layer in cream.
(Die #1 is always the smallest)
Emboss the last two layers that you have cut and  use a different pattern on each one.
Layer together with foam tape in between 
With the double ended tag I have cut this twice and glued them together for strength
Add to the previous layers with foam tape and wrap all these layers with Bakers Twine splaying out the strands as you go.
Tie a knot where they cross over and add in your charm, tying in another knot to keep the charm in place.  
Finish by tying a small bow in the twine. 
Dot with a little glue to stop the bow untying 
Flat glue the cream and turquoise middle layers together and add to the base card with foam tape.
Add the embossed panel to the top of these and then add all to the base card ... making sure that you have everything the correct way round
Cut the sentiment three times and glue together for strength and then with your scissors divide the words and add to the front panel of your card
I have added in no other embellishments to this card and although there is depth to it you will still be able to get it into a standard sized envelope

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx




20 comments:

  1. Morning Christina, a great card I think this one would be ideal for all the men that is very hard to do a card for.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like plain and simple for a change Christina, thanks Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, very pretty.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely card and very useful tip with your sentiment thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card today Christina. Love the colour and the twine looks so pretty.
    Love Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Christina,
    A great card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very useful basic card. I enjoy using the twine - especially on men's cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Christina. A lovely card, using the turquoise and cream, finished with the tonal bakers twine which is very pretty. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christina
    Love your clean & simple card & thanks for the tutorial. Pale blue & white always look good
    Love & best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Christina

    Great 'male' card for today, love the rope embossing folder

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely simple and effective male card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. GM Christina. As always you gorgeous cards are the first post I see each morning! I am so loving this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Christina,
    A great 'CAS' card today. I love the rope embossing folder and what a shame the distressed edges set of dies has been retired, I would really have fun with those. Perhaps if I search around I may be lucky and find someone with a set somewhere in their stockroom lol. I agree with everyone that this would make a terrific 'male' card. Those men are so difficult aren't they - luckily I only have my brother-in-law to send a card to :).
    Bejay xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning Christina - This turquoise & cream card is a good card. The twine brings it together just really nice! I like the different embossing on the layers. Thanks for sharing your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous I love the fabulous embossing and design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty and would be fitting for either male or female. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the tutorial, this makes a great man card. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the masculine look to this card and the multiple layers. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A very pretty card, thanks Christina ..... Luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...