Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

July 07, 2016

Using Ink Dusters

Hi Everybody,

Do you sometimes find it difficult to blend inks and get a good result?

I know many people struggle with blending tools or the Cut 'n Dry pads as they sometimes make the ink blotchy on your cards

Ink Dusters could be your answer and they have been around for a long time and they are really useful at getting that water based ink to mix

Hopefully this video will show you how easy they are to use ... Distress Inks and Stencils



I have used Distress Inks here and in the video I tell you the colours that I used. My stencil is from AnnaMarie Designs

There is also a product list at the bottom of the post.

These are very easy to use and I would advise you to start off very lightly and build up the colours as you need

I bought mine from Inkylicous and they are  a UK company.

The bristles very soft to help blend easily. The inks may stain the bristles but as long as you clean them on a paper towel then the ink shouldn't transfer.

You can wash them in warm soapy water but allow them to dry completely and naturally before you use them again

Try to keep one end for each colour group and that should help a lot.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx



22 comments:

  1. Morning Christina, two lovely cards have had the ink dusters for a long long time got them from inkylicious too I think they are on Hochanda today or yesterday know I have set to record them but not had time to watch yet so maybe it was yesterday and anyone can watch as they have catchup.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina,
    Amazing how you can make each card look so different using the same technique.
    The video is a charm to listen too and so well done. Your explanations are crystal clear.
    Everyday I am looking forward to what you will present by sharing with all of us.
    Thank You
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great cards, very pretty.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely cards Christina ,loving the bottom rounded edge of the first one ,i will give this a try.
    Take care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two really beautiful cards and some very useful information thank you Christina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christina just loved the ink dusters, think the cards look great, thanks Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Christina,
    Lovely card. I have the brushes and they do make blending easy.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty Christina.
    Love Val in Spainx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Christina :) Beautiful Cards this morning. Thank you. Enjoy a wonderful crafting day. Big Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christina,
    Beautiful cards today and a great video! I'm going to have to save up and get a set of ink dusters as you know how bad I am at blending...or trying to blend lol.
    Bejay xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again I love watching your videos and learning new techniques. Well done. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christina,
    Enjoyed the video. Using the ink dusters looks much easier, than the distress tools I have, will have to think about getting some.Very pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great way of blending colours- just watched the video - first time I've seen these and I will be adding the ink dusters to my wish list! (Out of stock today at Inkiyicious) Will keep looking1 xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great video and lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfectly done. Thanks Christina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Christina - these are two very beautifully made cards. Lovely colors & love the design. I am not good with color blending. Your color blending is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards and great tutorial. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Christina

    Love this stencil, and your colour choice is fab

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Christina. Thanks for todays video with ink dusters as only yesterday did I order some stencils and ink dusters fro inkylicious.
    Mavis L x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous cards! Love the blue one :))
    Thanks for a great video!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two lovely cards Christina. I have these dusters and find them so easy to use giving a very soft effect.
    I received your gorgeous card yesterday, my prize from last week, and love the vibrant colours. Thank you. X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh so beautiful, just watched the video, love the way you finish them off.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...