Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

August 03, 2012

Different style dies ...

Some time  ago I was  asked if  I would like to try out  some different  style  dies and see what I came up with.

Of course I agreed and so I was sent some all the way from the Netherlands.

So thank you Annelies for these useful additions to any craft "Stash" and today I have put them to work.

Now about the dies .... they can be used in any die cutting machine... read the  manufacturers  instructions  to adjust  the cutting  plates for your machine

The card I used to cut my shapes was a  270 gsm card ... so quite a good weight.

Because  the dies are flat they can be stored just about anywhere.

But they are metal  so make sure that you  don't bend  them or they won't cut properly for you.

You can buy them from   Crealies   and  the link will take you to the  flower shapes ... but once there have  a look around for  many many more.

In the picture you can see one of the Flowers and Doily Elements dies, with the border die on the left of the photo.

They  made  a  very clean cut in my  card and then I used a ball tool and a  mouse mat to give the flowers  some shape.

The edges to the petals have been inked with Victorian Velvet and sparkled with Glamour Dust, and a  Pearl added to the centres.

The second shape I used to edge a panel that had been embossed for the front of the card,  and two more around the edge of the sentiment.

The leaves are also dies  and there is a  good mix on the one  die plate,  and they have  been  inked with  Sage Green  and  Forest Moss  then tucked behind the flowers.

A large pink organza bow is the finishing touch and that has another pearl in the centre to hide the knot.

I think this is  a pretty card and these dies are well worth your consideration.  They are easy to use and the results are very good.

Hugs xx

7 comments:

  1. Lucky you, they look lovey and I do have the leaf/flourish one,xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a gorgeous card, Christina!! The colors are so beautiful and the dies are fabulous!! I hope you have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!!! I love working with dies:) you did a fabulous job on this card! Just lovely!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Christina!! Love the flowers too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card ,love the flowers .Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christina I really love the colors, such a beautiful card...I am now on my way to check out this store...TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, so adorable and lovely. love the colours and fine dies

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...