Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

October 07, 2013

"Blingy" Bits ...

Hi Everybody,

Wondering around Harrogate we on Friday we did the usual of going in and out of shops with nothing particular in mind ... just mooching about.

But this is a little haul that I wanted to share as for me it is such a bargain .. but not as it is. It is the Bracelets at the top of the picture that I wanted to show you and this was picked up in Primark

They are metal  with Diamante and pearls as well as some really pretty cameos on some of the pieces and they cost me £3 each.

But once I took the bracelet apart  I ended up with eight lovely individual pieces that can be added to a bow to really add a touch of the special to a card.

They came in black and silver and cream and gold and they are much prettier in real life than the photo gives them justice.

As I use them I will tell you and then you can judge for yourself whether or not you think they look good.

But I was really pleased with my purchase.

The rest of the goodies in this little haul are some polka dot resin bows some small Diamante hearts that are earrings for pierced ears ...  and I will take the posts off them.

The other items in the lower right corner are some Diamante hair grips.  I will also remove these from the grips and that butterfly will grace a card just perfectly.

So although this lot cost me £12.50 once all the items are taken apart there are 33 individual pieces which works out at 37 pence per item and that is not a bad buy at all.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

12 comments:

  1. Good morning Christina,
    A lady after my own heart, I LOVE Primark for their "cheap glitzy bits" I buy so many things, dissect and use them on my cards and other projects.
    I use some the hair slides to decorate hessian bags. I can slide them in through the weave.
    Have a great day
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever girl you are Christina! I'll have to look more carefully at things next time I go shopping. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, that is the sort of thing I do. I buy bracelets here for 1 euro and take them apart and get about 10 charms from them. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really useful tip for people who have never thought of doing this before. Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love someone who likes a bargain. A girl after my own heart.
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love a bargain. Must get to Primarks soon now Christmas is looming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never thought of doing tat- super idea christina.
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stash and always looking for a bargain :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christina. Wow, I do this all the time, mostly in charity shops, get some good bargains. The the fun part when you deconstruct. Hugs. Jan. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great find and they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These will look beautiful on your creations you are so inventive Christina, guess who's going to Primark xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Bling you certainly got a bargain. x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...