Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

November 25, 2015

Water Coloured Peonies ...

Hi Everybody,

Todays card is back to water colouring and this is the Peonies Scrolls Stamp from Altenew.

I bought mine from Make the Day Special and they have many dies and stamps sets that match each other.

It was lovely to sit and relax as I coloured the flowers and I used the Aqua Tints from Spectrum Noir to get the look

The finished card is 5x7" and I layered the panel onto some pale pink card.

I have used the die set   Peony Scrolls Die   to cut out several flowers and leaves, after they have been coloured and allowed to dry

I have used foam pads to layer on them onto my card front and it gives them varied heights so that some overlap others

The leaves are just tucked underneath each of the flower heads and again I used foam pads.

The sentiment is a chipboard one from Want2Scrap but I wanted to make it more glamorous so I added some gold foil  to it with the Heidi Swapp Minc Machine 

I have only had the new Minc Machine a few days and I am still playing around with it to see what I can create but I will be sure to add some videos as soon as I can.  But it looks like a lot of fun to play with.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

28 comments:

  1. Morning Christina, a beautiful card.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avery pretty card, what is the new machine you mention/
    cheers Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! My! Word! Christina your card for today is STUNNING, love it.
    Patricia X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, really pretty.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Christina,
    A gorgeous card, love the flowers.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Christina, a really cheery card today, bold in your face happy birthday. I love it. Looking forward to what you have to say and show about the minc foiling machine. X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Christina, nice and bold.
    Looking forward to your video's
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christina what a beautiful card ,love the flowers ,the
    colouring is gorgeous .wish i could do it.
    Marion H

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, love the flowers :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Christina,
    My first attempt to comment vanished into thin air when I lost my broadband connection, so let's try again. I woke up this morning feeling like warmed up death, so this card really cheered me up as it's so colourful. My mum loved peonies, especially the gorgeous red ones we had in the garden, so this has brought a smile on my sickly face today. Thanks so much for sharing, I always love seeing your colouring as you do it so well.
    Bejay x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooooooooooo pretty - I love the bold flowers.
    Just beautiful.
    Thank you,
    Sue Mac

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christina
    What a beauty - love it
    Love & best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning Christina :) Beautiful, Beautiful Card! Thank you for sharing. Enjoy your day. Big Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Superb colouring and design - love it!

    ReplyDelete

  15. Wow, Christina this card is beautiful...I like how you colored the beautiful flowers...tfs
    Well done

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what a beautiful card, love the colours. Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Christina! I just got the minc machine and I'm so excited to start using it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just a beautiful card today Christina, I just love the flowers you have painted and cut....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my it is just Beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Christina this card is stunning the flowers are beautiful and I love the colour.
    Kind regards
    Anne Owens

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the card ... so pretty! I also love the foiling of the sentiment, do you know of a way I could foil something without a machine? I would love to be able to but cannot get a machine. Any tips you have, would be gratefully received!
    Hugs,
    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gilding Flakes and some Flake and Glitter Glue give a really pretty effect and the Gilding flakes come in many different mixes. I have a tutorial on using Gilding Flakes that you may find useful ... http://www.card-making-magic.com/gildingflakestutorial.html

      Delete
  22. Hi Christina, This is a very feminine and pretty card. I love the shades of pink you've used to colour these lovely peonies stamps. Janelle x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...