Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

June 27, 2024

Using Shapes

Hi Everybody,

I always have bits and pieces lying around on my desk after a crafting session and  don't like to throw them away. It pays to look at what you have left and see how you can make it work for another card you may want to make

These particular cards I have created with odd die cuts that are in shapes I may have used elsewhere and they have come in handy to create these two cards shown in the video.

The one to the right has been coloured with Chipped Sapphire and this is a gorgeous dark blue that goes really well with the gold.

It has taken over as my favourite blue from Blueprint Sketch as it is a much deeper shade and looks so rich.

The other colour I have used in the video is Shaded Lilac and of course different shapes to complete the card.

This is a good way to use up any scraps of white card that you may have lying around, and as long as the die fits on the top it can be any shape that you may like.

I have also used stencil and small stamps to add the pattern into the shapes and I am really pleased with the results. I hope you like too ....

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

4 comments:

  1. Have really enjoyed seeing your cards the last few days. They are all beautiful and thanks for the tutorial today. Hope you ok in the warmer weather, while it last.... Maria x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina. Ohhhh you are doing it again. It was you that started me off doing this technique of using your desk top bits and cuts to make up a card. I love doing this. And it's unbelievable what the end result is. So Thankyou Christina. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone. Please stay safe and well 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! Love your choices of colours and shape!
    Christine Cloutier

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dark blue and gold are lovely together. Great layout

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...