Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

January 06, 2014

And now for some boxes ...

Hi Everybody,

A question  I am often asked is ... how do  I send my cards with so much  height on them

The best and  safest way is to make a box for it and decorate it to compliment the card.

I realise that this may be the  costliest way to send the card especially  through the post.

But if you make a card that is beautiful then  it has to be worth the protection.

This card has lots of flowers from  Wild Orchid Crafts  and they have been sparkled with fine glitter from  Glitter Magic

The pearls are from Want2Scrap  and Sunrise Crafts have the Quatrefoil Pattern die  which is part of the background

So here is a video on making boxes for the US A2 sized cards that I have been covering just lately.



 It can be adapted to make a box for any sized card that you make though so make use of the tips when you create your own cards.

And there are other videos on different ways to make different sized boxes on the website ...  Cardmaking Tutorials

And don't forget to make use of your Acetate for the lids too.

This one has been made from some very pretty embossed Acetate that I have in my  "Stash" and it creates a whole luxury look for any of your cards.

I am being asked a lot about the sentiments I use and the one on this card is from Crafters Companion and is one of the Sentimentals Range 

There are several different sets for you to choose from so read them and see which one you prefer.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx




10 comments:

  1. Oh My Lord!! Christina. You can make anything look so pretty.. delicate and elegant! I love this box...its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina, thanks for the tip about using acetate to make the lid. I use acetate to create a window in the lid, thus giving a sneak peep at the card, but I hadn't thought about using it to make the actual lid. Certainly food for thought. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to use acetate for the lids? Will Royal Mail accept them this way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card Christina and the box is just so beautiful. Wish I had your talent! Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastyczne pudełeczko - misterne i piękne, śliczna karteczka!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christina,
    Great video thank you.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful card Christina and the box definately complements the card. I mainly use boxes when I am making cards that have a lot of embellishment on them. It may be more costly to send, but it is more worth it in the end. Thank you so much for the inspiration that you give, it is very much appreciated. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just keep getting even more awesome, lol beautiful as usual and a terrific video, keep shining, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the video on making the boxes for our cards. Your videos are always so clearly understandable!! Enjoyed your tutorials on the smaller cards too. Your creative ideas help us so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this idea instead of having a big bulge in an envelope, I just didn't get the measurement for the lid :(

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...