Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

October 18, 2021

Bird Crazy ...

  Hi Everybody,

Now here are some stamps that I haven't used for a long time and they are the Bird Crazy Stamps from Tim Holtz. 

They made such fun cards when they came out a few years ago, and there where six individual birds for you to colour.

You could also get matching dies for them and other sets that would cut things like hats, glasses, and other items that you may like to dress your birds in. You could also get sentiments to go with the stamps too.

But like everything else things move on, and they got relegated to the back of the drawer.

Never the less I thought it would be good to revisit them and stamp up some cards with them to make Birthday cards which are always a popular addition to my charity shop boxes.. 

For both of these cards I have used the new Card Making Magic Spotty background embossing folder (which will be with you soon) and I can't tell you how much I enjoy this simple folder. 

To show you some looks you can get with this folder I have inked up both sides of the folder to show you the difference. 

I have used the same ink, but one is the embossed side and the other is the debossed side. 
Both make a fabulous backdrop to your cards and I especially like them with added flowers. 

Just a little fun look for your recipients and they make excellent male cards that you can send for any occasion

And they are just some of a few sets that I have found in my supplies that I haven't used in such a long time, and I have made a promise to my self to use them a bit more often, rather than buying more new ones. 

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

11 comments:

  1. Just love those crazy birds and had forgotten (temporarily) that they are in my stash somewhere. You are right, they do deserve an airing!! Like the dotty embossing too which sets them off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina
    Great fun cards- it's good to revisit some of our older stash sometimes. It's such a shame to buy things and let them languish away in the back of a drawer
    Hugs and best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely -simple and fun.Looking forward to new releases xc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them birds and you made such a cute card using them

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that set too. I like your English word of dotty. We call it polka-dotted here in the U.S., I'm not really sure why. Dotty means something else here. Thank you, Christina for reminding me of that set..and I love your cards.
    Sherry Hay

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty fun cards seeing from my hospital bed. DIana Lawton xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these fun cards Christina great for children’s cards or men’s cards which I struggle to make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny you got the Crazy Birds out and made some great card with them
    for I thought about them the other day and wondered where mine are hiding.
    They make up some real fun cards x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cards and I have this set, as well. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great cards & I love the background.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...