Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

January 23, 2019

Simply Cards & Papercraft - British Garden Birds

Hi Everybody,

This months magazine Simply Cards & Papercraft will be on sale on the 24th January and it has this beautiful stamp and die set of birds common in British gardens

You can create the most intricate cards building scenes as you stamp or you can keep them quite simple

The one shown here has just used one bird and stamped it several times in different orientations and then coloured them all with Copics in pastel colours.

You need to use a water based ink to stamp your images if you wish to use alcohol inks to colour.


The clouds stencil is from My Favourite Things but you could just as easily make your own from Copy paper ... and save money in the process

I have used the Aldi brushes to add my clouds but many other types will do the same job ... brushes,
blending tools or sponges. Whichever you prefer to work with 

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

18 comments:

  1. Great card today, looking forward to watching your video later as I’ve just received my Subscriber copy.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and the bird paper is absolutely beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful set Christina just up my street love garden birds a must have what you have done is amazing beautiful cards thank you Christina
    Love June Horrocks xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards that are not exclusive to birds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love the garden birds stamps Christina not that my colouring is up to yours however many of your tutorials I've watched. Thanks Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Christina,
    What a brilliant set of stamps and dies and your cards are great, I'll have to go shopping tomorrow!
    love Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A useful set and lovely cards. I enjoyed the video - lots of ideas xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love these birdie cards Christina.
    Love Val in Spain x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards Christina love this set of dies and stamps great for male cards
    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely die and stamp set and also, lovely samples. I try to avoid coloring, but I will give it a go to improve since I own many lovely stamps. Enjoyed you video as always.
    Hugs from Toronto
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your card(s) from this issue Christina, thank you for this particular one, as I always think things should be coloured as they are so to speak, it just goes to show that it doesn't matter, as they look so beautiful like this many coloured card. I'll try and be free, in future, with my colours.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christina
    Absolutely love your cards. I've just got my mag so can't wait to get started. I love garden birds so hopefully I can create something good with this set to do them justice
    Hugs and best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card. Good video giving many ideas. Thank you Christina. Diana xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards Christina. Thank you for the excellent video. Love your colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful selection of cards Christina. You are so good at colouring. Bringing everything to life. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing what you have produced with this die and stamp set it’s mesmerising how you work with them, beautiful cards.
    Love Anne Owens xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. All your cards are just beautiful, I do love birds and flowers, so this is a nice set!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...