Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

June 14, 2021

Desktop finds

 Hi Everybody,

I am sure that there are many of you out there that have the same faults as me and the biggest one is not using up my left over pieces. I cut up some paper to use with a die cut and then put the rest of it on one side. And then when I need something else I get another piece of card/paper instead of using the piece that was left earlier. I also have lots of left over die cuts that I didn't use at the time I cut them.

So I set my self the challenge of using up some of the bits that are sitting around my desk or in boxes just waiting to be used. 

For this card I have  used some paper and die cuts and some backing paper that I created by smooshing water colours in red and gold onto my card 

This one is a 6" square twisted easel card and I added some mulberry flowers to the front and bottom of the easel. 

I also found some gold twine that I wrapped several times around my hand and then glued it in place around the flower

I added it to both cards and it goes with the gold in the red card backing paper I made and then die cut.

I have also added in some pearls as extra decoration to the cards

I have listed some of the dies and items that I have used but most of the things on these cards have been sat on my desk for a few weeks, and had to be used up.

But even though I have all these pieces and ends of paper I do not waste anything as m step daughter teaches at a special needs school and she takes all my bit box for them to use in their projects.

Waste Not, Want Not 

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

13 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards especially as they’re from leftovers.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a bit of a challenge matching up oddments but it is great fun and feels good when it all comes together. Pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be amazed how well you can do using left over pieces you have done a wonderful job so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two pretty card Christina and its lovely when you can use up some of your scraps...we all should do it more

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christina
    Beautiful cards as always but even better knowing you have recycled your old bits and pieces.
    Hugs and best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards - ages since I've made a twisted easel! will have to make one now that you've reminded me! Have lots of bits to use LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards Christina and so were the once earlier over the weekend.
    I have loads of paper and cards in the bitbox that needs a new home.Maybe the nursery around the corner would like them?
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just like every other crafter I have lots of left oversI keep them in colour order, you have made two very lovely cards, credit to you.
    Maria R
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Christina. Yes "waste not, want not" I have a big, big bag full and always have a look in it before starting a card. Many thanks. Diana Lawton xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your challenge, Christina. I have lots and lots of leftovers that I should be using them. Thank you for sharing these 2 lovely cards.
    Stay safe and healthy.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Christina
    I wasnt well yesterday so have just seen your post, I have so many things I think I need to challenge myself see what I can do to, thank you for sharing and giving inspiration to us.
    Hugs
    Sharon C xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...