Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

December 16, 2021

Project Life Kit

Hi Everybody,

In the time that I have been unable to blog I cannot say I have been productive. In fact totally the opposite 

I seem to have lost my drive and been so fed up trying to sort the problems out I have just wanted to hide from the world.

And to top it all off I had my eyes tested, as my eyesight is getting so bad, and it turns out I have cataracts that need to be seen too.

But in that time my latest kit from Altenew arrived and I did attempt to make some cards with that bundle.. 

They all still need sentiments adding to them but at least I have made a start again.

The flowers in the kit are quite pretty and can be added in any way you would like for your design . 

On these cards I have coloured my flowers all in the same tone and just added the die cuts to the card front with foam pads,

I used the embossing folder for the backgrounds and lightly rubbed ink over the top to bring out the pattern in two of them.

On the last two I have also added in some Washi Tape and I will add the tape to the envelopes as well. to complete the look
For this last card I have used one of each colour of flower and added them to a plain embossed background and this and the first card are both Slimline cards used in different orientations.

I will most likely turn these into birthday cards with matching envelopes and then they will be ready to send.

On another note I want to thank you for all the lovely comments that have been sent to me, both here on the blog, by email. 

And also to those of you who noticed something was wrong with the blog and took the trouble to email me and let me know.
Thank you so very much

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

 

10 comments:

  1. I think most of us love the drive to carry on making cards now and then but I find that something or other sparks me and off I go again. Your Altenew kit seems to have sparked you and these cards are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina, I feel your pain. Like you, I recently fell into a funk and didn't even enter my craft room for days (not a great time considering all the Christmas and Chanukah cards needed for the season) Finally, I decided rather than make a card, I would tackle making a memory book instead. If other crafter's are like me, Memory book Making is a royal mess. Cardstock, ephemera, cut up pictures and junk all over the table but I forged on. I can see that you have worked your way out of your funk and these cards and your 'coloring skills' are simply beautiful. I'll get back to you on my Memory book .
    Don't worry about your cataracts; mine are firmly installed into each eye and I muddle through!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards. Love the coloring. My hubby had cataracts in both eyes and surgery corrected them perfectly. You'll do fine. Vicki L Phillips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just tried to send a comment Christina- not sure it was sent. came up with a Blogger fault?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christina, So good to have you back again, sharing your talent You were missed and your frustration is understandable. re your cataracts, three of my friends have had the operation this year and the results are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christina. These are gorgeous cards. Life is quite hectic at this time of year, so much to do or think about, that some days I too never go near my craft room. It’s a terrible mess at present anyway but it will wait until the New Year. Then I’ll have the time to think clearly and hopefully inspiration will come.
    I’ve had cataracts in both eyes and after new lenses it’s marvellous. No worries xx
    Betty McAlister

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just lovely, pretty embossing with the flowers!
    I have had cataract surgery on both my eyes, so nice to be able to see again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I here you Christina but I'm sure you will find the strength to turn everything around, just as your
    beautiful creations make our days when you share them with us.
    Hugs all round

    Ali P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christina
    Nice to see you creating beautiful cards once again. So sorry to hear of the cataracts but I have heard of several people who had them removed with no problem. Hope you manage to get them sorted soon
    Hugs and best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...