Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

March 10, 2022

Floral Card

Hi Everybody,

I have been relatively quiet this week and that is because Ruby has not been to playschool.
(Doggy Day Care)  The owners are on holiday and so I have been taking her out on long walks to the woods and the beach weather permitting. We have spent some quality bonding time together but that means not a lot of work gets done !!

It is no secret that I love floral cards, be it one, two or three flowers or a whole bouquet of them. For me they make a card something special and I don't know any ladies that do not like flowers.

These are from Altenew and they are coloured with Arteza Water colours for a soft and gentle look

I have added a gold splatter to the background, which is a very popular technique at present, and I have used one of my large die cuts to add to the background. 

The edges of the card have also been edged in gold and the finished card is a 5x7 with the fold at the top.

This is my favourite way to make a card and I find they stand a lot better this way. It will fit inside an standard sized envelope so no extra postage there. 

And of course you can swap out the sentiment to make the card suit any occasion that you like.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

 

7 comments:

  1. Good Morning Christina. Another lovely card today. I never have much luck trying to do the splatter technique ... Oh it splatters ok ... But never where I want it to go. Lol. But I will persevere. I won't be beaten. Thankyou Christina. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to e everyone.
    PLEASE STAY SAFE 🙏 🙏 🙏.
    Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina
    Stunning card as always. Take care
    Hugs and best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the splatter technique, I find a fan brush the best to use for it with a gently tap....your card is beautiful, lovely colouring....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours .Hope you enjoyed your walks with Ruby. Its been a freezing wind here when I have taken Tigger out so was soon back home ! Take care XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning everyone, so nice to be emailing with the sun shining it makes you feel good to get out for a walk & speak to friends, I just love this card as you say flowers are always welcome wether in gift or card & you do them so beautifully.
    Glad your enjoying the fresh air with Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these cards Christina love the colours. Love Anne Owens xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...