Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

March 14, 2022

Yupo Paper & Alcohol Inks

Hi Everybody,

I have ben playing with Yupo Paper and Alcohol Inks and then adding in some gold leaf as it dries. 

It gives a lovely rich look to your design and the Yupo Paper die cuts really easily. 

I did three sheets of the paper and coloured one in reds, the other in oranges and the third one in a teal colour for the leaves

If you have never used Yupo paper then I have a couple of videos that you may find interesting and I will add them to this blog post.

Yupo is a synthetic paper that will not tear and it is perfect for Alcohol Inks.  

For this card I have used the Layered Christmas Rose, the leaves from the Rose Flourish set, and smaller flowers from the Layered Florals.

I made five cards in total each with different background and they will go into my charity box ready to donate

For this card I splattered the background in gold and teal and used the Layered Florals to die cut my flowers.

All the sentiments are from a new set from Craft Stash and there are many to choose from. 

They are all die and stamp sets that will cut the sentiment out ready to add to your cards.

I hope you enjoy the videos and will give Yupo a try for yourself. There are two thicknesses and I used the thinner one for my flowers.

There is a good selection of Alcohol Inks at Craft Stash too.




It is not a difficult process but if you are anything like me your fingers will be full if ink ... for days, as it doesn't wash off. 

It is well worth the mess to get lovely results that look so rich 

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

7 comments:

  1. Good Morning Christina. Gorgeous cards today. I have to admit ... I have never seen yuppo paper ... Let alone used it. I will watch your video with lots of interest later this morning with a lovely cup of tea. Thankyou.
    Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone who needs them today PLEASE STAY SAFE 🙏 🙏 🙏
    Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is just stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards you made with them are just gorgeous, I do think Yupo works better than glossy papers. I have heard that using a straw can be harmful if you breathe in the vapors of the alcohol while doing it, so I went to using Tim's puffer tool but I haven't got the hang of it yet, harder for me than the straw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are beautiful love how you used the yupo papers and gold the colours are stunning. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning cards Christina I have just watched both videos, so inspirational I love every one of those cards. Love Anne Owens xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not played much with Yupo and alcohol inks, but what you have demonstrated here has certainly inspired me with your amazing videos, I have everything to play with, so off I go, thank you so much Christina, your cards are just so beautiful.....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Christina, very beautiful. Very, very good video, thanks so much. Diana Lawton x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...