Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

August 14, 2018

Yupo Paper

Hi Everybody,

This is the first time I have tried YUPO Paper and what a strange material it is. 

It is called paper but it doesn't go soggy, or tear, warp, split or pill no matter what you do to it and it is a fun product to play with

You can die cut it easily which means you can create stencils form your own dies

For this card I have used Alcohol Inks and Gilding Flakes along with some gold card for the sentiment.

I allowed the inks to flow wherever they wanted to on the Yupo paper, and it dries very quickly.  I cut around the edge to leave an uneven shape

On another part of the design I have hand  drawn some flowers and then cut around them. I tried to add some gold gilding flakes around this edge with a glue pen but it came out very patchy.
 So I will have to try that part again to see what I did wrong

I backed the centre flowers onto some gold card, leaving a narrow border around the edge and then added this with foam tape underneath to raise it up from the main card.

The tiny hearts and the Best Wishes are cut from the same gold card.

The background is done with an embossing folder and the single flower at the top is added with glue.

I quite like the effect though and once I have practised a little bit more with the technique I will video it to show you what I have done

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

8 comments:

  1. I have tried the Yupo paper and it is great as you say, quite intriguing how the ink moves around and makes so many beautiful patterns esp when using blending solution as well....also used the ink off ink pad and that too worked a dream, some lovely ideas with Yupo and alcohol inks....will keep watching your ideas Christina....beautiful card you made here using the technique...thank you...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Christina,
    This is really interesting as I bought some Yupo paper about a year ago and have never used it!!! When I find it among all the other paper and card, I'll keep it to hand until you post your video. Keep up the good work.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christina
    I’ll be looking for the video Christina when you think your able to do it. Not to sure about this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Christina.Well what weird paper.not to be able to tear it....But it looks like vellum paper almost....Like you, i like to try different things..Thanks for all your shares and videos...Happy card makeing.Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Maureen I also have some Yupo paper which I haven’t used yet and need to find . Look forward to your video and then I will give it a try. Look forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must admit I've never heard of Yupo paper- Seems interesting- looking forward to the video!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Christine. Don't know this Yupo paper at all but look forward to seeing your video xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Stunning result, I look forward to the video, to see what this "strange" paper is like.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...