Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

January 26, 2022

Feathered Lilies

 Hi Everybody,

For todays card I have used the Feathered Lilies and created an inked background for something different.

The card size is the Slimline and the front panel I have coloured with Distress Inks.

I added my two colours, Speckled Egg and Antique Linen,  to a glass mat and spritzed them with water, then added the water coloured card to the puddle.

I repeated this process but dried the card between each layer until I got the look I wanted.

I added splatters to the panel using the same colours as the flowers and background inks, with a little black and white thrown in for good measure

Then I embossed in the Perfect Swirls folder from Card Making Magic

The flowers have ben stamped from the kit and coloured on water colour paper.
Before die cutting them out I have added them to the embossing folder and the extra definition in the card makes such a difference and is well worth doing.

Foam pads have been added to the back for the flowers and black sequins have been dotted around the card front. I used a white gel pen to add spots to the Lilies.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

9 comments:

  1. Great card today, love the colours.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and creative card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning technique resulting in a most beautiful card....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card today. Love the colors and the EF used makes this card elegant.
    Stay safe and healthy.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for showing. Diana Lawton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card.Christina and I adore your new craft room floor.Mavis Lunch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christina
    Just love this card- it's so pretty. You have such flair for making them so beautiful. Take care and stay safe
    Hugs and best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Christina. Oh I love your card this morning. The colours are lovely. And that little spatter of dots look really good. Love it. Thankyou. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone.
    PLEASE PLEASE KEEP STAYING SAFE 🙏 🙏 🙏.
    Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card with lovely flowers. I will have to have a go at one of those backgrounds. thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...