Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

February 01, 2022

Blue Roses

 Hi Everybody,

This is another card that was made a while ago and using Altnew Roses for the design. 

I have water coloured them and used the Simply Dots background embossing folder from Card Making Magic

I very lightly dusted over the embossed panel with grey ink to make the dots stand out a little more, and then roughly torn it along the edges for a shabby chic look.

I have added this panel with foam to the white base card and that adds more interest to the overall design as it creates shadows on the card front.

The flowers have been raised on foam pads for dimension and the black pearls compliment the sentiment which is also from Altenew.

The completed card is 5x7 which is by far my favourite size to make, and the fold is at the top.

On these flowers I added a little bit of liquid glue and allowed it to go tacky. Then I pressed some gold foil into the glue and lifted it carefully.

This left just a light layer of gold leaf on some of the petals and made the flowers look really pretty. And I think it can just be made out if you look hard enough

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

8 comments:

  1. Morning Christine. Wow, your card is Beautiful and those pretty flowers just make it pop. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, I do like the gold leaf you have added to the flowers...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. You always make such neat backgrounds..things I would never think of. Love the color too.
    Sherry Hay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Christina. Many thanks, Diana Lawton xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elegant and beautiful card. Thank you for sharing how you created this card. There's always something new to learn from you, Christina.

    Stay safe and healthy.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another stunning card. Love Anne Owens xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card. I never think of doing blue flowers I don't know why. Love the touch of gold too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...