Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

January 04, 2017

Water Colour Wednesday - Colour Wash Alphas

Hi Everybody,

This was a really easy and quick card to make and I have used a large Alphabet Stamp to make the letters.

I simply colour washed a piece of card in pale blue paint and then stamped over the top of it with a script stamp.

Using the alphabet I stamped the words that I needed in black ink and heat embossed them with clear powder

I cut them out with scissors and added foam pads to the back and then added them to a panel of dotty card created with a stencil and embossing paste

After the paste is dry it leaves a raised effect and I layered this with turquoise card and once the letters are in place I added in some sequins

The "Wishes" is from the stamp and matching die set called That Is All by W+9

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

19 comments:

  1. Nice idea on how to use those big letters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Christina, a very unusual but beautiful card if you have some card already finished with the embossing paste this would be a quick last minute card, think I will be trying this one.
    Nancyd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, very pretty.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Christina!
    I really like those big letters you have used - so striking :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the large font you used to make the word the focal point of the card. Using embossing paste to create your polka dot background adds texture and dimension. Great idea and a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bold and beautiful Christina

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christina
    Not too struck on this card, BEAUTIFUL is a word which looks odd whe it is split up. At least those are my thoughts
    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever idea - love the effect and it looks simple enough for me to make !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite a different card for you today Christina, but nonetheless it is lovely....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really lovely Christina and a great idea.
    Love Val in Spain xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Different card for you but pretty all the same.Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice card.....those large could be used for so many ideas on a card....well done Christina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Christina
    Great card and a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's really nice and love the fresh colours used.

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Christina,
    Love it! Here's one I can actually try right away as I have some large letter stamps. I like the colours you've used, another really nice card for us.
    Bejay xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great card today Christina.
    Kind regards Anne Owens x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Christina. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...