Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

October 29, 2018

Baby Wipe Technique ...

Hi Everybody,

Creating backgrounds and playing can produce some fantastic results and for this one all I used was some  Distress Oxide re-inkers and cheap baby wipes.

I am sure that at some point you were thinking that I must have lost the plot ... but bear with me through the video and see the end result.

I am really pleased with all of them and by using different die cuts with them I managed to achieve nine cards, and there's no waste either

Vary the colours you use for another look and try it with any paints, alcohol inks or distress re-inkers and see what result you get. 

But be prepared to get messy as I did. 

And even if you don't like the look as you make them keep going to make them up and they will look totally different as cards.

I added all my panels to an embossed piece of card created with the Quatrefoil Embossing folder from Card Making Magic 

And I used mostly the same Happy Birthday sentiment throughout.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

21 comments:

  1. Lovely card, looking forward to watching your video later.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant video Christina you are so gifted 9 cards wow !!!!! Love June horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Christina I was glued to this video. How clever these cards are, beautiful and a great technique I don’t have any distress inks but have some inks I will definitely give these a try. You are so clever, thank you so much for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a super technique!! and brilliant that you used all the left over pieces to make more cards. Maybe rubber gloves would save getting the inks on your hands???!!!! Loved the video as well xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a box of rubber gloves right near me and the only time I remember about them is when I am already full of ink .... need I say more !! Cxx

      Delete
    2. that is exactly what I would do xxx


      Delete
  5. Hello Christina,
    What a great video giving brilliant ideas. Thank you.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great technique Christina, loved the video and all those beautiful cards, thank you....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant! I am speechless:-)
    Thank you so much for sharing all those ideas

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many creative ideas! Each card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them all,Nice video on how you use every piece..Thanks Christina....Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great technique! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fantastic video with so many great ideas. Thank you, thank you so so much. I must give them a try. Diana xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic - have saved to favourites - love all the colours of the backgrounds xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Christina, You've done it again, I didn't know what to expect with the baby wipe technique and it was not how you did it, I love it and was 'glued' to the video, these cards are brilliant, and for you to do so many different designs you have spoiled us. Love the quatrefoil embossing folder will have to get this. Thank you for sharing this technique with us and for your inspiration. Di.

    ReplyDelete
  14. New cards, new designs, new techique. There so many ways to create different cards using this great technique. Beautiful.Thank you for sharing.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really enjoyed your video Christina. 9 beautiful cards from a few inked backgrounds. Ideas to copy for sure xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pam Mckenzie - Lovely cards and what a super mucky card session I love it thank you for sharing, will certainly have a go at this, Pam Mckenzie, Spain

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Christina
    Sorry my comment is a little late but only just got my computer back. Absolutely love this technique and the cards you created. I am definitely going to have a go at this one. Thanks for showing us
    Best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful set of cards you have made with this technique!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...