Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

May 10, 2020

Paint Pouring with Arteza

Hi Everybody,

My eldest daughter likes my paint pouting efforts and she has asked me to do one for her dining room, and her favourite colours are green and purple
 I thought it would be about 12x12" and so I said yes.
 Then she said "It's the one with Audrey Hepburn on it " and I knew that it was a biiiiig canvas.

This is it and it is a good 30" square and you can just make out the print underneath.

 I have painted over it with white paint to block out the print.  Sorry Audrey !!

I used a really cheap house paint to do this as the canvas is so large and it would have been very expensive with acrylic

Once that was dry I did the base coat in white paint ready for the pour.

I had to lay this out on my garage floor because of the size and make sure that it was all level before I poured otherwise it would just run off the sides.
Once the Paint is spread out evenly I can get ready to work on it.

Then I had to mix my colours ready to work with. I used Arteza Acrylics and I mixed two shades of purple, and one of them was metallic, into separate  cups.

I mixed up three different shades of green and a beautiful gold and one of pewter

 Stupidly I started to pour and forgot to take photos of it as I did and so I have nothing to show you of that part.

But this is a section of it as it was tilted and once it is completely dry I am going to add Gold Leaf to  highlight the gold in it.

And I really hope she will like it when I give it to her to hang in her house.
 I will take a complete picture of it once it is finished to show you the end result.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx


10 comments:

  1. Good morning Christina.
    I am looking forward to see the finished picture, I'm sure it will look great like the other ones you made for your house.
    Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the finished canvas.

    Congrats to the winner.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo intriguing, I look forward to seeing the end product, wow that is sure some size to tackle, I hope you are pleased with your work in the end....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Christina,
    Audrey may never recover but I'm certain your daughter will love it. Can't wait to see the finished result. You have the heart of a lion to take on one that size.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving it! I've watched more You Tube Tutorials lately with the gold leaf being added and I tell you Christina ~ it adds so much to the final result. I think your daughter will be VERY pleased with the final results. Can't wait to see the finished photo. Thank you so much for sharing It's Mother's Day here in the States. Wishing you and everyone here a very happy Mother's Day. Big Hugs. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks intriguing, looking forward to seeing the end product Christina.
    Karen Holmes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope she likes it once its done! Bet its great. LOL XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is interesting, I look forward to seeing the finished canvas.
    Keep safe and well
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so clever Christina. I like your enthusiasm, you will give anything a go. Look forward to seeing the finished work. Thanks for sharing. Diana Lawton xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like lots of fun especially since you never know what each one will turn out! I’m sure your daughter will love it! Don’t forget to share your picture when it’s finished!

    Sandra Smith
    Queen Creek

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...