Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

January 06, 2021

Die Cut Vase

 Hi Everybody,

In this time of yet another "Lockdown" do you some times get just a little fed up of making cards?

I wanted to do something different with my dies and so I experimented with some of them to see what I could come up with.

Obviously you won't be able to do this with all your shapes but look carefully at some of them and see if they will work


I experimented and I came up with this pretty vase that I filled it with faux flowers, because it is not waterproof, and I think it looks really cool 

So today I am going to make another and this time I am going to film it so that you can see the steps I have taken.

It will take a few days as each stage has to dry before I can move on to the next one but hopefully you will enjoy it and maybe try it for your self.

The die set that I have used is the Pentagon Bauble Easel 

I also used some :-
  • paper/magazine strips of paper
  • cheap glue and a brush 
  • Sellotape/masking tape
  • Plaster Of Paris bandages
  • Acrylic paint
  • A little gold paint
  • Clean paint brush
  • five wooden lolly sticks
So keep a look out for the video it wont be long as I am off to film it right now 

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

17 comments:

  1. Hello Christina,
    That's brilliant, I'm into crochet and knitting after at least 30 years as a change. I'm looking forward to your video.
    I hope you are feeling much better and able to stand for longer now.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good - I'm intrigued to see how it was done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever use of dies Christina.looking forward to the video.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, brilliant idea, you never cease to amaze me with the ideas you come up with Christina, interested to see how it is done....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christina
    That's just fantastic- you are so talented and imaginative. I wish I could just come up with different ideas as you do. I am looking forward to the video but I don't know whether I would have a go as I wouldn't be able to wait for it to be finished. Take care and stay safe
    Hugs and best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to watching your video. I don't think I have the right equipment to give it a try. Will be interesting to see the process you went through. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christina.
    You are so very creative and talented as well. What a great idea for using your dies. Really looking forward to seeing the video when you finish it.
    Hoping You are a little better and Ruby doesn't feel too cooped up with the lock down.
    Cheers Veronica Beard. XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christins, love the idea, Cannot wait to see how it allcame together. Its a shame about another lockdown for you, hopefully the vaccination will stop this for you. Here in Australia we have jyst closed the borders between states so not so bad for us. Luckly here in Australia we can get out in the garden all year around, i love to scrapbook as well, plus knitting .. Keep Safe and Healthy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Christina, I have lost my mojo again, I must get back up into my craft room and get my positive head back on, look forward to watching the video. Stay safe, and stay well. Love Anne Owens xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely idea Christina. Karen Holmes

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am amazed at your beautiful vase. It is so creative and very clever. I caywait to see your video.

    Sandra Smith
    Queen Creek

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the vase, looking forward to watching your video.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that's something different...looking forward to seeing the video

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. As with many crafters I will be watching your video. Diana Lawton xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful and creative x

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH! WOW Christina, what a beautiful way to finish a paper piece! I LOVE it. I look forward to the video.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...