Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

January 18, 2021

Making Vases from Die Cuts

Hi Everybody,

As promised I have now completed the video that shows how I made the style of vase shown from die cuts.

I have used the Pentagon Bauble Easel to make the shape and this one has been painted in Arteza Metallic Blue and then dry brushed with gold

But while I was making another vase I thought it would be a good idea to show all three sizes that can be had from the dies

And so this photos shows you all the sizes side by side.
I kept to one basic colour scheme for effect, and I gave them a coat of clear gloss varnish and let them dry. 

They can all be displayed together as one collection, or kept individual for flowers. 

They are not waterproof though so only add faux lowers to them .I know they won't be around for a lifetime and they are not going to become family heirlooms, but I had fun making them and they do look kind of pretty on my shelf


More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

13 comments:

  1. Love this project, looking forward to watching your video later.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting video Christina. Karen Holmes

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great idea and an interesting video, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina, I wish I had your creativity and ability to think outside the box. These are delightful and fun vases, and your decorations using dies from your collections is so original. I need to get busy looking at ways to use what I have of your collections. You are amazing. I hope you are staying safe through this trying time and that you and your family are able to get together and support each other. Warm wishes and hugs from a Geordie lass living in the land down under.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done -very creative.You have so much talent. I think I will be staying with cards 😁I don't have your patience xxp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely amazing Christina, great how you have used ordinary craft dies to create something as beautiful as these....thank you for sharing with us....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Christina,
    I've been looking forward to this and I don't know how you came up with the idea but the results are amazing! Thank you.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely and as you say the fun in making them to have a beautiful result, doesn't matter if they don't last for many years, although they may? hahaha
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So clever, cannot believe it could be done like this. Will watch the video now as well as watching the bowls on TV. Who knows when I will get back to indoor bowls again. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. whilst multi-tasking watched the video and WOW how interesting. Well done Christina. Diana Lawton xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative and very beautiful vases, Christina. I enjoyed the video, as always. Thank you.
    Stay safe and healthy.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  12. You could always place a glass jar inside if you want to use real flowers inside.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...