Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

May 31, 2022

Don't Like This .....

Hi Everybody,

Here is a card that I made using an Altenew stamp and I water coloured the flowers and I liked the look of them once they were done.

 I added them to a splattered background and I thought it would be different to add some black penned lines to the background, just to see what that would look like.

But once it was done I thought "What have I done "

I didn't like this look at all but I wasn't about to start over again and so out came the trusty scissors and I set about fussy cutting the image out.

It wasn't so much the flowers, but it was definitely the rest of the card that I didn't take too but once it was cut out I had to think of something else to add it to

The answer was a 6x6 plain white card with a slightly smaller Simply Dots embossed panel.

I raised the flowers up with foam tape and I liked this card much better. 

Now the moral to this story is that there is always something you can do to fix the mistakes that happen, especially of you don't like the end result.

And if this hadn't worked the whole lot would have gone in the bin so I was quite pleased with myself

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

10 comments:

  1. Well done for rescuing the card you didn't really like. I hate throwing anything away but there is normally a way round it with a bit of thought and ingenuity. Pretty result

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty is your card lovely floral images x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Christina. A beautiful bouquet of flowers for us all today. Gorgeous card Thankyou Christina.
    Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone.
    Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 2nd attempt is beautiful. It's what is called being crafty 🌝🌝I often use a paper punch in various coloured card scrap bits and add the "dots" to fill in blank looking bits.Very useful in mens/boys cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have to agree with you there Christina much nicer on the 6x6 card 💕

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Christina. From a disaster for you, not me , to a beautiful card :)
    Hope you all doing well.
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Christina. "Waste not want not".... take care, Diana Laawton xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the inspiration, Christina. I agree, most of the time we don't have to start over, just find a way to save the work done. Well done!
    Stay safe and healthy.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card. I love Altenew. I always like to re create something if it doesnt go right first time.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...