Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

January 16, 2024

Desktop Finds

 Hi Everybody,

Today I am being very lazy and I have searched my desktop for things I can find to make a card and this is what I have come up with.

The base card was already cut with the largest die from the Nested Circles Fancy Frames Collection and that has been cut into the card front.

I have backed it with a piece of paper that was created while I was playing with some water colours.

The top two layers are cut in pink card from the smaller circle dies in the set and added with foam pads underneath them.

The butterflies are all from the glued paper napkins and then I have cut the shapes out and bent the wings up a little.
You can pick up fancy napkins just about anywhere and they are not expensive

                

Each has been partly glued to the base to allow the wings to stand proud and the bodyline of each has diamanté along the centre.

The sentiment was made from gilding flakes onto a small piece of black card and added to the base with foam pads. 

So instead of using flowers to decorate my card I have used the butterflies instead and they look really pretty as they stand up on the card base.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards made from the paper napkins Christina you have created a lovely collection. Love Anne Owens xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Christina. Ohhh I love doing this. On one of your posts a couple of years ago you asked us to make something with items laying around on our work top. We'll... you certainly started something ... in my case anyway. And this is what I do on a regular basis. I quite enjoy it too. So ... this last week I have have made 4 Christmas and two birthdays ... all clean and simple but very effective ... my work top is now tidy and waiting till the next blast. I find it quite enjoyable doing this. So thankyou so much Christina. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone. Please stay safe and well 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and a great idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Christina for the video. These cards look amazing and you would never know they are made of paper napkins. So many pretty ones out there. One more thing for my to try list 😄 x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...