Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

May 16, 2017

Tuesday Tutorial - Shaped Cards

Hi Everybody,

For todays card I am using an older labels die from Spellbinders and creating the shaped base with the largest one. It is just simple layering of the different sizes and shapes with two colours
  This always makes an interesting card and it can be done with most dies. 
Try it with any that you have in your own collections as this die is now retired from Spellbinders website
Spellbinders Supplies:

Other Supplies:
  • Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts
  • card from Papermill Direct
  • Sentiment from Lili of the Valley
  • Butterfly from my stash
Instructions:
From the largest die #5 cut two shapes in white 
Score one of them along the long side about half an inch down  and glue together to form the base
From the other dies in the Labels 39 and also the Decorative Elements cut the shapes in the colours you like 
Layer them together so that a plain piece backs a fancy edged one each time and use foam pads to give dimension
Stamp and emboss your sentiment and cut out with a circle die or punch and add to the card front 
Dress with flowers and pearls 
The butterfly is from some that I have had a long time 

Quick and easy card for today 

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx


17 comments:

  1. Hi Christina

    A very cute card and a gorgeous arrangement with your flowers

    June x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love shaped cards and your card is so charming! The flowers are perfect! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card, thanks Christina...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina, another beautiful card, I will certainly have a go this time as I have some old dies which I haven't use in a while, thank you so much for all your beautiful ideas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine
    What a brilliant idea love this card
    Joy Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christina,
    So beautiful! Love everything about this card. Thank you for sharing.
    Have a great day ladies!
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even if it is a retired die, it does not mean it is not still really pretty.
    Lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you use dies to make the card base - such a useful idea and this one looks so pretty. Thank you Christina.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a very pretty card, the colours are absolutely stunning. I think I might just have this set of dies and will give it a go. Too bad I don't have the same colour of cardstock. Thanks for sharing. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Christina- Absolutely Beautiful Card ! Love the colors layers sentiment , flowers & decorations! Just a very elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Christina,
    What a pretty card. I think I have both die sets so I can give this one a try. The red and pink colourscheme is so vibrant...and I love the bling butterfly😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful card! I will try this with my Enhancement Elements as see how it finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty. Love the colors, dies, and the way you arranged everything.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Christina. I don't have these dies but will try to follow your tutorial with other ones in my stash. I never think to use the whole set of dies as you have but they work so well together. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Missed this one Christina very pretty love the flowers thank you
    Love June horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Christina, this card is so pretty! This would be perfect for my daughter as she is starting a new life away from the town we all grew up in.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love seeing what you create with these retired Spellbinders dies, this card is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...