Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

September 22, 2021

Adult Colouring Books

Hi Everybody,

Do you have one of those adult colouring books and you can't think of hat to do with the finished pages? 

There are many many of these books that you can buy but consider the feel of the paper inside. Some of it is is glossy and you will not get a good result from it.

This is the one that I have, and I have had it for years. I got mine at a Craft Show I went to a long time ago.

The paper is matt and smooth and really nice to colour on.

I stick to colouring pencils on this and I use a paper stump to blend and I am happy with the result.

 Alcohol markers would tend to bleed through the paper and water colours would make it buckle. 

 I always keep a thicker piece of board behind the page I am colouring to prevent and indentation on the sheet underneath. 

If your intention is to turn them into cards as I have then I would advise you to colour in the smaller designs.

The larger patterned ones will get lost on a small card and you won't get to see all of the fine detail. 

Consider some of the patterns as well and not just the florals as these can make an unusual background for your other embellishments. 
I coloured these pretty flowers out and then die cut the shape and layered it onto black card to create a 6x6" card

It has been added to an embossed background and the bow just adds the finishing touch. 

The sentiment of your choice will complete your look and there is your card ready to send. 

This can be a cheaper way of getting the look then buying lots of different stamps, and I find colouring so relaxing so a double bonus for me.
This card is 5x7" and I added a card banner around the bottom with my greeting. 

The large Celebrate adds the final touch to this one and it could be for any occasion.

If you have this kind on book then dig it out and see what you can make from it. Colouring is not just for kids.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx 


6 comments:

  1. Both cards are lovely. If you hadn't said how you made these two cards I wouldn't have known. What a great idea, Christina! Thank you for sharing.
    Stay safe and healthy.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of these books and it's been sitting around forever. I like your idea of using them for background on a card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea to colour your own. Love your two cards, thanks Christina. Diana Lawton xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea, I have three colouring books, two of which are all of flowers which are two of which are too big to use for cards but would make lovely framed pictures. The third is a colouring book for adults and is full of all over pictures so these would be ideal for backgrounds. Thanks for the tip
    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been doing this for the past few years, I also have coloring daily calendar images that I have used. Your cards are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...