Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

September 28, 2021

Waves of Rebun

 Hi Everybody,

This beautiful Washi Tape is called The Waves of Rebun. There are three rolls in this set but I have only used the the widest one to create my card. It is a available for The Washi Tape Shop and if you visit the shop don't forget to add the code CHRISTINA10 to get your discount

I did some research into the inspiration behind this tape and Rebun is a tiny Island that sits in the crystal clear waters, in the Sea of Japan, just off the coast of Hokkaido. It is only 80 square kms being only 8kms wide. 

You can visit Rebun all year round but in the summer months there is an abundance of flowers.

 It is known as the Island of Flowers, and it is home to the Lady's Slipper Orchid which grows only on Rebun Island. 

So after the geography lesson lets get onto the card itself. 

I added the tape to some card for strength and then trimmed away the sky areas on some of them. 

I kept the sun in the top right corner on the top panel and added the other layers with foam tape underneath to create different levels.
The gold foil on the tape makes it look really beautiful, and this card is an A2 size.

It would be a good design to send to anyone but I think a man would be happy with this as well.

Once I had done this and added the greeting I thought it needed something else and I found this really old Spellbinders die in my stash and added that to it.
I cut the Koi Carp from orange card and layered it on to some white.

I added it into the waves with foam tape, tucking the tail behind one of the waves and dotted a black pearl for his eye.

I am more than happy with the end result and I will be making more cards with the Washi Tapes soon.

Hope you like this one 

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx







6 comments:

  1. So beautiful and creative card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes so beautiful. Thanks Christina. Diana Lawton xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very creative uses with the washi on these, Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering how you created that beautiful card. I had no idea you used Washi Tape. Thank you for sharing and opens new horizons for us.

    Stay safe and healthy.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these cards Christina, the colours and patterns are wonderful. Love Anne Owens xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...