Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

February 28, 2023

Card Mistake ...

Hi Everybody,

This card is created from nothing but mistakes and failures but I thought I would show you and try to explain how it all went wrong.

Some of the things I have used are Gold Deco Foil, Glitter, Oval dies, and Alcohol markers and bit by bit I will tell you the mistakes.

First of all I used some white card and added a double sided sticky sheet to it. 

Then I pressed on to it some Gold Deco Foil without any heat, as that was how it said this was one way it could be used. 
I went over it all to press it down with my bone folder, but when I removed the gold foil it left a very patchy finish that was sticky in parts.

So I decided to add some glitter into the sticky areas and pressed it in well with my fingers.

Next I used the same foil and some ordinary Ovals from Card Making Magic and tried to foil with them using the Gemini hot foil machine for this purpose.

It worked to some degree but as you can see it is patchy. I used a larger and smaller die to turn this into a frame.

I also foiled the stamped the Spiky Flowers and cut them out with the dies.

I used alcohol markers on the petals but the colours did not blend very well at all although the gold foil did show up on the flower

I coloured the leaves at the same time and then I added some shape to the flowers before stacking it all together.

The sentiment was gold foiled but for that I used a really old Spellbinders die and I had to fussy cut that out with some small scissors

So to press on  ... I added the gold panel to my base card and put some foam tape behind the frame.

I arranged the sentiment over the frame and added the flower in to the bottom corner of the frame, with the leaves tucked in around it.

I glued the white pearl centre into the middle of the flower and I added small foam pads under each of the petals to give some dimension to the bloom.

And at the end I was not unhappy with my card mistake.

What do you think?

 Is it Ok or should I bin it and try again?

Or should I just give up on this idea? 

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

12 comments:

  1. Good Morning Christina. Well all I can say is ... If all my mistakes turned out like this I would be one happy crafter. It's really lovely Christina. But the thing is if you tried to recreate it .... It wouldn't turn out the same 😂😂. Thankyou Christina. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone. Please stay safe and well 🙏.
    Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina,
    If you hadn't said it was a mistake, I wouldn't have known. The card is pretty. Thank you for share your experience.
    Stay safe and healthy.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christina
    Crikey , good to know you are human and do make mistakes as well sometimes 😉😃
    No really if you hadn't said anything this card looks lovely !
    So upset I missed the offer of your words on Craft Stash as I was buying a few things
    last night. 😐😏 Take care
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina - I would say that it's not one of your best as the gold background still looks a bit patchy in places but I'm nit picking!! Anyone not realising wouldnt even think that and would be happy to receive the card. I havent done any hot foiling (and dont think I ever will be LOL) so who am I to critisise ? You've done a great job fixing the problems. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is wonderful anyway. I didn't see the mistake.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn’t have known it was a “mistake” if you hadn’t mentioned it!😂
    I don’t think I would try again! Call it quits and make something else!❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. I kind of like the 'rustic' look of the gold foil - if you hadn't said it was a mistake, I wouldn't have known. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You definitely can’t tell your lovely card is made from mistakes.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card and I really like the foiling is "random". Please don't bin it. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it looks well planned and definitely don’t consider it a mistake. Your wonderful creativity took over and made it beautiful!

    Sandra Smith
    Queen Creek

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Christina, The card looks great, I'm continually making mistakes almost every time I make a card, so I'll cover it over with something or I change my ideas then I'll accidently do something else, but I usually manage to come up with a nice result which is unique. Your card is lovely as always. Gloria Lamb. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...