Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

February 12, 2014

How Charming ...

Hi Everybody,

Sometime ago I was asked to do a video on how I add charms to my cards.

I am sorry Ann that it has taken me so long to do it ... but here at last is little tutorial.

There are lots of ways to add them but I have shown you the quickest and easiest ways.

You will also notice on the mat with the charms that there is a mobile phone loop and these can also be used to attach small charms.

They can be looped over the flowers or threaded in with the ribbon and look just as good ... the only problem is they are a bit flimsy and the charm can fall off and get lost so that is why they are not included on the video.





The large key on this card is the one added in the video and I also add a small heart charm to the back of the card that says "Handmade with love"

The little hearts come in gold color as well as silver and there are many in a pack and they are quite reasonably priced.

But they do add a nice touch to your cards ... especially if you sell them .

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

13 comments:

  1. Good morning Christina
    Another wonderful card and video (thanks to your film crew) I love the little charm I have lots of these I add them to my patchwork things but the trouble is I am doing less and less of it and more and more cards! Now thanks to you I have another use for them too. Thank you for all your wonderful inspiration.
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina,
    Oh such a stunningly pretty card today and a great video showing us how to use charms of which I have bought so many in the past and only used the odd one. This will give me the impetus to use more. Many thanks.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for another wonderful video Christina and another lovely card, I will have a look at the video later with a coffee. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this with us Christina, great ideas to remember....luv Ursula x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed your video Christina, love the tip twisting the jump ring instead of pulling which is how I was doing it...beautiful card! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful card, Christina. Haven't had chance to watch the video yet but you can rest assured that I will be viewing later on.
    Love and best wishes,
    Jenny C xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christina thank you for taking the time to show every one who subscribe to your blog your cards and tutorials, I for one appreciate all that you do and enjoy.

    Rena

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card Christina and the video is just in time for my granddaughter's 21st later this year. I'm sure to want a charm on it & now I know the best way to do it - thank you! Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card, love the die is it a tonic one by any chance? Off to watch the video

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many thanks for sharing your skill & very patient, clear tutorial. I really appreciate it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the idea of using the lobster claw so they can remove it easily, tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely card, I like all the cards of this blog.
    Wedding Flowers

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...