Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

February 14, 2014

Charms again ...

Hi Everybody,

The other day I added the video to show you how to add charms to your cards but they were all silver and that may not be the color that you want to add.

So here is s short video to show you how to alter the color of them to suit your project.

Now I know I have said it before but I need to add it here again ... and that is if you know about these things then please ignore the video as I am  not  trying to teach experienced  card makers anything.

But there are new people coming to card making for the first time and they don't know ... and so this is for them.

To help them build the confidence they need to be as good as you ...  the seasoned card maker.




Here is a close up of a metal corner that I have covered in Pink embossing powder.

The ribbon is the one that has been colored in the next video which will show you what I did.

The beautiful flowers are from Petal Lu  and they are very delicate and pastel shades.

But you can choose colors and styles for your self from Lucindas' Facebook page.

The metal corners are from Wild Orchid Crafts  but the same technique can be applied to die cut corners as well and they look just as good.

The card is made to the Hinged card style and I have used Labels Thirty Four layered on top.

The sentiment  and the embossing folder are  from Crafters Companion  and the folder is called Regency Swirls and it is lovely.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

14 comments:

  1. I appreciate your videos. You do a great job with them and I've learned so much. Love your cards. Thank you for taking the time to do these videos. I know other appreciate them as much as I do. You are a wonder inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Christina,
    Brilliant card as always.
    Great video, you are right .......there are new crafters coming on board every day.
    Your "tutorial" video library is a great place to go to get lots of information.
    Keep up the great work
    Have a great day

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! what a stunning card Christina. I love the corner and the spray of flowers. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Christine,
    Beautiful card, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been making cards for a number of years and never thought of doing this so thanks for the tip (not just for newbies lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card and a great video Christina, it is so good to see videos to remind you of the things that you can do to embellish your cards. Thank you so much for the inspiration. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card this morning, and here was me expecting a Valentines card, how wrong can a girl be. Can I just say that. I love watching your videos even though I've been making cards for a couple of years, I've learnt so much from you. You always take the time to show newbies and explain each new step. Thanks for never assuming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christina,
    Gorgeous card and a beautiful sentiment. Thank you so much for the video....have to admit although I have been making cards for a while now I have never done anything like this and it will be a great way of changing colour of some charms that I have never used. Many thanks.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for thinking of we beginners! I am learning such a lot, especially from the video clips. This is a lovely card. I'll be back!
    love Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Christina for your great card inspiration. I always come to your site for my inspiration and as others have said I have been making cards for a few years now but never thought of doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Christina,
    What beautiful card creation as always, love it! I have a question also, where can one purchase the spell binder white adapter plate that you have mentioned in your videos? Would love to have this..... Have searched online with no luck.

    Thanks for all your wonderful creations...absolutely love your videos!!
    Chris B
    http://thecardphilelady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. As others have said, it is not just newbies who appreciate your videos and the ready sharing of knowledge and ideas, all explained so clearly.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Большое спасибо за показ очень интересного применения эмбоссинга для металла, очень понравилось!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've colored things with markers before but never thought to emboss them, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...