Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

January 09, 2020

Black Fingers ....

Hi Everybody,

In several videos lately I have had to apologise for black fingers, and this is why they where black.

I have been creating some painted bottles and the base layer was black paint and it would not wash off.

It was just an ordinary matt black wall paint that I used and it as not expensive.

I made some of these for my daughter as she really loved the look of them and three of them now sit on her shelves in her lounge.

I get my unusual shaped empty bottle from my grandsons restaurant  and then once they are washed and any label soaked off them I start.

I cover them with items of old clothing and glue and leave them to dry. So these are covered in old tights that is ruched around the bottle in random areas

Then I add the bits and pieces to them, anything I have in my stash, and once the glue is dry again I paint them black all over.

These have pearls, keys, gemstones, glass pebbles and metal pieces all stuck in place


Then comes the fun part and I have used
and a dry brush to add the iridescent look

This is my favourite one and I have kept this one for myself.

I used a mould to create the faces for this and surrounded them with flowers.

It has been painted in Arteza Metallic Pearl Green,
Pearl Electric Blue, Pearl White for the highlights and Gold to catch the tops of the beads

The flowers have been skimmed with Pearl Royal Purple and a little glitter and then I dotted gemstones around the bottle.

They look super effective and are an inexpensive way to decorate your home and recycle at the same time.

If you would like me to do some videos of some of my new projects then let me know.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

16 comments:

  1. Very artistic.not my taste but look good.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recycling to its highest, gorgeous creations Christina.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous and look really expensive and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, very interesting, I would be interested to see a video or two, I love this altered art and the recycling of bits and pieces around the home...thank you Christina, these pieces are beautiful...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a beautiful job on these, I love the last one the best. I can't seem to find any mold here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the one with the faces on it Christina.
    Love Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing Christina so different. Love Anne Owens x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yesssssss Pleeeeeeeezzzzze!!! I would love to see videos on how you did this. Christina ~ you will always be my Queen of crafting! There is no end to your magic. Thank you so much for sharing. I think they are Beautiful!! Big Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting projects- all beautiful.
    Hugs
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, your recycling is fabulous, would love to see a video of how they were achieved. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Christina
    I think you have done a brilliant job
    Hugs and best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like those. I would love to learn the process

    ReplyDelete
  13. Different, well done. Diana Lawton xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Christina,
    I'm another one who would like to see the process. The face one is fantastic.
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pam Mckenzie - very beautiful crafting, I would love to see how you acheive these items, thank you for sharing nwith us. Pam Mckenzie, Spain

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look fantastic thought it was powertex at first till I read how you did them. So simple. I do love the one you kept for yourself.
    Pauline Hilton

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...