Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

June 19, 2022

Winner

 Hi Everybody,

Well good morning and it is now 24 hours since I had the cataract removed.  I was very anxious about it but the people at the CHEC clinic where very reassuring and made me feel more at ease. It was not a painful procedure, but it is uncomfortable and a lot of water is used to irrigate the eye.  

My face was covered with something and my eye was exposed through the covering. I had to lie perfectly still but in fifteen minutes it was all done. An eye shield was placed over the eye for protection and it has to stay on until this morning and then be worn at night for the next week. 

The vision will clear over the next few days but even through the eye shield I can see colours are a lot brighter. The next move is an appointment with my optician for a check up and then the second eye can be done.

This is how I have found the surgery and I have been really honest with you. If you are going for a cataract to be removed you will probably be as nervous as I was but don’t worry …. All will be well.

In the meantime I have done the draw for yesterday’s offering and the name today is

Barbara Youngs

Would you email me your postal address please to

christina@card-making-magic.com

and I will get it in the post to you straight away.

More tomorrow…

Hugs xx

15 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it went well ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased to hear that your cataract surgery went well. I'm sure anyone would feel anxious but as you say it's not as bad as you might imagine - more uncomfortable than painful and as you say a lot of water is involved!! You will find that colours appear much brighter, we tend not to notice the gradual deterioration in our sight and things come as a bit of a surprise after this procedure. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have noticed a difference in colours already and it is quite spectacular. White looks white and not sepia anymore. I now cant wait to get the other one done. Cxx

      Delete
  3. Good to hear all has gone well for you Christina, onwards and upwards, till the next one....congrats to the winner...luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news - glad it all went well. Take it easy for a while and here's to the next one !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Christina, I was thinking of you all day yesterday! I am so happy everything went well for you. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Big Hugs and wishing you a speedy recovery! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna. I was cared and relieved when it was all over but the change is amazing and I am happy with the result Cxx

      Delete
  6. Congrats Barbara on your wonderful Win! Big Happy Dance for you. I hope you will show us what you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christina, I'm so pleased it's over and done with for you, now the second one won't be so scary. I found that keeping a written record of the drops helped. By the second or third day you'll begin to wonder if you'd done the lunchtime or teatime one. Unless you are more technical than me and can set four alarms on your phone to remind you!! Congratulations on the draw Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good advice Maureen and I will keep notes of the drops Cxx

      Delete
  8. Lovely news to read on a Monday morning so glad everything went well. Congratulations to the winner. Take care Christina. Love Anne Owens xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news, Christina. I am so happy everything went well. Now you know what to expect for the second one. You will be more relax. Thanks for the update.
    Congratulations to Barbara Y. Enjoy your prize.
    Stay safe and healthy.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats a great read to know your eye is improving daily like mine did your card is gorgeous as always

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pleased all went well for you. For me one of the best things I have done was to have both eyes done, with no probs at all. Take it easy please Well done to Barbara, enjoy..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im pleased it all went well for you and congrats to the winner.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...