Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

September 26, 2022

Butterfly Trails Collection

Hi Everybody,

Today card is a 5x7 with the fold at the side, which is not my usual style. But there is a reason for this change.

The front of the card has been decorated with the lovely papers from this collection and I specifically positioned the flowers.

The small butterflies have been cut from the pink paper in the pack and double layered onto white card for added strength.

The sentiment has been added to parchment for the same reason and added to the front of the card.

I have dotted it with sequins and added pearls to the body line of the butterflies.

But it is the inside where I have made the most of this card.

I have again used the papers from the pack to line the inside and from some plain white card I have used Picked Raspberry to ink the card.

I have used the large butterfly die to cut out the design and then I have added a little glue to the  centre edge of the wings.

 Positioning it on the middle of the card I have closed it up and pressed it till the glue was set  and then once you open it up the wings spread across the centre as a pop up.

It looks very effective. 

The centre of the butterfly is decorated once again with the flowers and it all folds flat to go into an ordinary envelope.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and good use of large butterfly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina
    What a beautiful card and I love the pop out butterfly on the inside. Lovely colour scheme as well. Take care
    Hugs and best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO VERY Beautiful Christina. Love the butterflies front and insert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so very pretty....luv Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love butterflies Christina, love the idea of the butterfly in the middle of the card will have to try this. Love Anne Owens xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this design. It is beautiful and elegant. Thank you for the inspiration, Christina.
    Stay safe and healthy.
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what an amazing card... Inside and out... I just love these butterflies.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...