Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

September 10, 2022

Winner

Hi Everybody,

This is a very sad weekend for many people around the world as we have lost our Queen this week at the age of 96. She has ruled over us for 70 years and I for one do not remember any other monarch in my lifetime as I was only four when she ascended to the throne.

 I remember my dad taking me to see her when she visited Bolton, on her tour of the UK, just after she came to the throne. And sadly he died in January the year after when I was five. 

On another sad note it would have been my Griffs 75 birthday today and this evening we are all having a  get together at Griffs youngest daughters house to remember him. I can't believe how quickly those years have gone by since he died and it will be four this coming November.  

Life changes but it does go on, and sometimes it can be very hard, as those of you who have lost someone will surely know.

To cheer things up a little I have done the draw for yesterdays Poinsettia and the name today is ...

Christi Neal

would you email me your postal address please to
christina@card-making-magic.com
and it will be on its way to you.

I hope you enjoy the gift when it arrives with you and please let me know that you have it safely.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

7 comments:

  1. Good News Christi -enjoy your gift. Christina - keep smiling life is certainly a challenge at times like this but, as you say, it goes on and we remember the good times. Take care and enjoy the good times tonight. Love and a hug xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family today Christine, on what must be a difficult day for you too.....Live with your happy memories.....lots of love Ursula xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is sad about the queen yet she will be remembered fondly. Hope you and your family will have a great celebration of life in the memory of Griffs. Congratulations Christi
    Christine From Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, am very saddened at the loss of your remarkable Queen Elizabeth II. She was truly a remarkable lady and I also only knew her as the Queen. I remember her coronation that was shown here in the States in 1953. I am also marking today, my wedding anniversary (9/11) and the loss of friends and neighbors on 9/11/2001. My husband like yours, left me to go on to heaven and I miss him terribly. I pray you have a lovely evening with your family and that the memories of Griff shared during your visit will bring you peace, laughter, and fond memories.
    Kathy O.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Christina,
    I was sorry to read that your father died when you were so young, and I hope you had an enjoyable evening celebrating Giff's birthday in his memory. Four years seem to have gone by quickly, but I know at the same time it will have felt much longer at times. I remember King George VI, and his mother Queen Mary who died not long before Queen Elizabeth II was crowned, but I certainly don't feel as old as I must be lol.
    Congratulations to Christi. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christina, hope you had a lovely time remembering Griff, I loved seeing your stories about him filming you, and doing your kitchen and craft room. I think as time goes on it gets harder rather than easier, we lost our daughter last year and I cry every day. Thank you for keeping us all motivated with your cardmaking and inspiring us all. Love Anne Owens ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne I am so sorry to read of your loss and I cant think of anything worse than losing a child no matter how old they or your are. Cxx

      Delete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...