Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

December 05, 2022

Altenew Layered Daffodils

 Hi Everybody,

These flowers are created from a really old die set that was with a magazine a long time ago.  It creates beautiful layered Daffodils and these I have covered with Glossy Accents.

I have been using these Glossy Accents quite a lot lately as they bring out the colours in the card once they are applied and I really do like the look of the flowers once they gloss has dried.

For the background to this card I added some pale ink and then simply added the birds  in the distance by hand.

The grass in the front is from another old die and I can't remember where I got that from but I am sure they are everywhere.

I added the sequins as an after thought because .... I have a mucky fingerprint under one of them and it needed to be hidden.

And although the flowers look pretty this is not a card I would give to someone because of the fingerprint. No I am afraid this one is destined for the trash can and I will have to make it again !!!

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

7 comments:

  1. Good Morning Christina. I remember this set. Please correct me if I am wrong. But I think you once had this set and a magazine as the Friday Freebie many years ago .And if its the same ... I won it ... I know I have it.
    I can't see a finger print . But I wou!d be the same Christina. If if it's not right and I can't use it ... It goes in the Bin. Thankyou.
    Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone
    Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds
    Please stay safe and well 🙏 everyone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and had to laugh at the finger print disguise.I have often added "extras"" to cure faults ! As you would say -nobody knows. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! I love this die, that I also have, I can't see the thumbprint, is there some way it can be rescued? Another daff or leaf to cover it, all that work for nothing? I try to rescue my errors in some way, I hate to throw a make away, unless it really is horrible! Although I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist! I had a drop of ink on a recent card and added a die cut to send it. Right or Wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is lovely-daffodils are my favourite flower.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot see a finger print. I'm sure someone would love the card; gift it to a charity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christina
    This is such a pretty card and such a shame to waste it. Please try and find a way to rescue it as the fingerprint is not noticeable at all.
    Hugs and best wishes
    Jenny C xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...