Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

February 27, 2024

Mixing Patterns

 HI Everybody,

This cards is just one of eight that I have created from mixing my patterns to vary the looks. This card that has been sitting in my cupboard for a long time.

All the card is from Anna Marie Designs and although the patterns are different the colours are all the same just varying tones and shades.

I filmed it as I was making them and that video will be added on Wednesday and I hope you will enjoy the process. 

It is not a long video but you will have time to relax with your favourite brew

I have used any dies and die cuts  that I have lying around on my worktop and any embossing folders that I have in my collections to add a little more interest to the background.

It is a good way to use up any of the ready cut pieces of card  that may be on your work tops and also to use up any favourite scraps of card that you could have lying around also.

It is always worthwhile having a playtime and using up the things that you already have. Items that may have been pushed to the back of a drawer or cupboard and that you may have forgotten about, and probably not used in quite some time.

I have a folder where I store all the surplus die cuts that I make and they are always on hand is if  I should need something from that folder.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

5 comments:

  1. Good Morning Christina. Oooo I love when you do things like this. You are the one that taught me to look for all the left over things after making a few cards and just putting them together to make another. I can't believe how lovely they turn out. So this is another way of using up the papers that get put in a box and forgotten. I love it. Thankyou for the inspiration Christina. Sending hugs 🤗 and best wishes to everyone. Please stay safe and well 🙏. Kind regards Ann Toppcards in Leeds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Christina. Look forward to the video
    Joyce x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lilac card Christina, so pretty look forward to seeing the video on Wednesday. Love Anne Owens x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out to be absolutely lovely.
    Christine Cloutier

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty design and like how you changed up the patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...