Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

April 15, 2024

Ella's Birthday

 HI Everybody,   

Today is the second birthday of this beautiful creature that is sat on my desk while I work.

This is Ella and she has appeared in some of my videos in the past.

She is a very small Tortoiseshell and at two years old she is not likely to grow any bigger. 

Although she is beautiful she is not very accepting of strangers and if any one visits me she makes a dash for the upstairs.

She loves to sit in the wardrobe and heads for that space whenever the door is open. And if she is missing then  that is always the first place to look for her.

She has free access to my back garden and it has high walls, but she has never made any attempt to get out and explore the world. So I don't worry about her going into the garden as I know she is safe.

Ruby tolerates her and they get along quite well unless Ella wants to get close and then Ruby will growl at her and chase her off. But they do sit on the settee togehter, even if there is a big space between them.

They both sleep on my bed at night, in their own areas and that is fine as they don't bother each other.

I tried to get Ella used to wearing a harness so that I could take her out with us but all she does is collapse onto her side when I put it on and she will not move. It's quite funny really and as soon as I take it off she is fine again.

Oh well it was worth a try !!!!

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

8 comments:

  1. Hi Ella, Ruby and Mamma Christina.
    Happy birthday Ella, hoping Mamma is spoiling you today with some extra goodies 😊 I'm looking after many cats when their mum and dad are going away for a holiday abroad. Have a nice day 💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ella is such a pretty girl! I have a Siamese cat named Coco, and she is the same with a harness... it's not to her liking either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ella is a beautiful cat. Torties and calicoes are notoriously finicky cats. We love them anyways!
    Christine Cloutier

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, sweet Ella. She looks almost like a chimera cat with that split coloring down her face, Christina. I have two cats (2 litter sisters) that look a lot like her. They're coloring is more black except the faces and they have streaks of that orange on their faces, but not the split face that Ella has. Their brother from the same litter is a soft solid gray. Probably if Ruby and Ella had arrived at your house at the same time and were closer in age they would probably get along quite well. My sister got a dog and I got a cat at the same time and they were the same age and loved each other, but they fought like siblings. They were quite cute. I hope you're having a great week.
    Sherry Hay

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe Ella is two already, it seems like only yesterday that you introduced her to us. She's a stunner isn't she. Not too long ago I had 6 cats and one was a wonderful tortie, half Maine Coon so very fluffy but thank goodness she took her size from her mum. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! She is so very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so precious and a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated birthday wishes Ella, she is beautiful very unusual with a very pretty face. Love Anne Owens ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...