Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

April 25, 2024

Old Spellbinders Dies

Hi Everybody,

Staying with the challenge to myself,  to use only older dies to make my cards these are dies that I have had for a long time from Spellbinders.

It is fact two dies, one was called Lovely Lilac and the larger one is Rosy Summer Flowers. I have had them for so long they are probably no longer available.

But I am going with the mantra of  .... "use what you have" !!

For both of these flowers I inked some white card with Distress Oxides making the centres of  flowers a little darker. 

I also added a little clear glue to these centres and sprinkled them with glitter. 

The top layer has been cut in gold mirror cards and added to the top of the white panel which has been dry embossed in a folder.

I cut an orange frame from my own Torn Edges Nesting Dies and added it with foam tape around the edge, then dotted it with orange Nuvo Drops in two different shades.

The sentiment is from Tonic and is another that I have had for many years.
The finished card is 5x7 with the fold at the top.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

5 comments:

  1. Nice card Christina. I’ve been using some old dies. Didn’t realise how many haven’t seen the light of day for a long time.
    Joyce x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Happy retirement !
    Oh when I started to read the post yesterday I thought first that we wouldn't see you again so
    I am so pleased that you will be around for hopefully a long time still. Love seeing your posts
    and stories of your daily life with your two four paws xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christina, What a lovely card, I haven't seen those dies before, and I have a lot of Spellbinders Dies, so they must be really old. Sorry to see Card - Making - Magic go along with your old You Tube Videos. I for one will miss them. But I do understand why you are doing it, as I'm almost 81, and getting a little slower. lol. Thanks for all the inspiration that you have given me over the years... Ann Lauzon in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card, and I really like the idea of using what we have, we get caught up in new this and that and we forget what fabulous things are left in our stash . I love your card making magic it was my first go to site & so much information, and the youtube vids,
    I must say I have always wondered how you have managed to keep all the balls in the air and I think you're right to cut down and enjoy life and your family. You have always been by far way ahead of many online crafters with amazing cards and great tutorial , I shall miss all you cards but will are al the blogs as they arrive . But a big thank you, you've brought lots of pleasure to all your crafting friends and although reduced you still will, take care Doris x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...