Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

May 23, 2024

3 Cards 1 Die set

Hi Everybody,  

The background for this card was created by ink swiping Twisted Citron and Stormy Sky over the white card and then splattering it with black ink.

The feather dies are some that I have in my collections and I picked out the smaller ones for the card.

The detailed pattern is cut from some older Card Making Magic dies and they are the Perfect Panels & Lovely Layers in the rectangles pattern.

I added parchment behind the frame and then grouped three of the feathers together for the top of the panel, with a circle to hide where all the feathers join up. 

I coloured some gemstones with gold alcohol  marker and added them to the card to match the gold edged sentiment 

Then using the waste as a stencil I inked in the shapes using Stormy Sky Distress Oxides. 

Once they are dry I added  some more, with a heavier hand over the top and then traced around some of the feathers at the forefront with a  black fine liner pen.

The sentiment was cut from some spare card that has been swiped over with Stormy Sky,  and then added to some parchment. 

Black pearls are dotted around the front for effect,

The panel has then been added to an A6 sized card base.
And last but not least I used the panel that was left for another card and added foam tape underneath to raise it up.

Ink was used to go around the edges of the feathers to make them stand out more

Into the recess of the feathers I have  traced the outlines in black pen  and added gemstones.

The sentiment was created by adding ink to a spare piece of card and cutting it out with the die and then adding it to parchment. 

So there we have three pretty cards and not a bit of waste any where.

Hope you like !!!

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Christina! I forgot about using cutouts as stamps! Three cards from one pattern is awesome! I'm definately going to give this one a try!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Heather Whitman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these , love your colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool backgrounds, love them all, my favorite is the last one!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...