Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

May 20, 2024

Ink Smooshed Flowers

Hi Everybody,

I am trying to use up what I already have in my stash and so save some money in the process.

I am also trying to revisit old techniques from years ago and some of these have gone out of fashion and so not used for a long time,

But there are always new people trying their hand at card making and so to them these techniques are new and fascinating, and something they may want to try. 

I remember being enchanted by heat embossing  and the way a powder melted to look so different ... and it still fascinates me today.


Ink Smooshing is is an old technique and it is one I covered on my YouTube channel a good few years ago and it is so pretty when it is finished.

But I watch YouTube ... much more than I should , and I saw this idea from Natalie Bowers (NBCards) on making your own tool to add the ink to your card

Here is the link to Natalie's channel in case you wanted to make your own too.

I am adding my own video to show you the cards I created with this technique and I think they are all so pretty.

The flowers are created with one of the dies from the Layered Florals die set  and this is a really old die set.

The leaves are a mixture from many other die sets.

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

2 comments:

  1. Those turned out really beautifully
    Christine Cloutier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of ink smooshing and such pretty flowers too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...