Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

May 21, 2024

Vibrant Flowers

 HI Everybody,

The Ink Smooshed flowers from yesterday are so pretty I made even more and added them to cards for any occasion.

I used  another shaped die from the Layered Florals die set for these flowers,  but I have incorporated the same leaf dies that I had already in my stash, and they are a mixture of dies from many different sets, to vary the look.

The sentiments are from Craft Stash and I have had these quite some time too.  They also have matching stamps to them for even more use.

The embossing folder cuts the aperture in the card as it is embossed and gives a really pretty effect to the layer.

This card is a 5x7 with a slightly smaller layer with the aperture  added to the front of it.

This DL card has a background that is stencilled with Uncharted Mariner so that it coordinates with the flowers. 

I think the two colours go really well together even though they are far apart in the colour spectrum.

The matting layer for this card has simply been inked around the edges only with the same ink and then the stencilled layer added to the top. 

It all blends together for a complete look and I am pleased with the result.

I am adding the video again in case you missed it yesterday and I hope you will give this technique a try if it is new to you. 
.



               

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

4 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards, looking forward to watching your video later.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice cards Christina & a bit different, & nice to use things from your stash, I will have to have a go. Keep up the good work Doris x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cards and I like the smooshed background. Thank you for
    the video, perfect to watch while having my coffee . Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina
    I love these cards! The different options are gorgeous! I can't wait to watch your video. Thanks for sharing.
    Heather Whitman

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...