Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

May 15, 2024

Beautiful Designs

 Hi Everybody,

These three cards have all been created using the same small square die as yesterday  and they have all used the same papers too.

This paper is so vibrant and I love the bold flowers that are on it. I have added each square to some black card and cut round it to create a small border.

For the first card they have been added in a diamond shape onto a panel of woodgrain card.

The sentiment has been  stamped at the bottom and small black pearls are dotted around for effect.

The finished size is an A6 and the corners to all layers have  been rounded.

This is also an A6 and for this I have added the squares in a more uniform style.

They have been added to an embossed panel  with foam squares and the pattern in the embossing has been picked out with the pink pearls.

The sentiment has been stamped onto a sperate piece of card and cut out to be added with foam tape to the centre of the squares.

Fish tails have ben cut into each end of the banner strip

I have layered this panel with white and black layers before adding it to the white base card.

For this last card I have added the squares in a random fashion to an embossed panel.

They have been added with foam squares under each one to raise them up.

Gold thread has been twined around each square in a random way and then a little gold thread bow has been added to the bottom of the card.

I have used a pink pearl flower to cover the knot in the bow and to hide where it has been hot glued in place.

These cards helped me to use up a lot of the beautiful pink flowery paper that I had left over from making envelopes and it was quite satisfying to use it too.
                 

Here is the video again and the technique is so easy to do and yet very effective and uses up those lovely scraps that you don't want to waste

More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx

7 comments:

  1. Hi Christina, love these cards like the idea of being able to use of left overs a very good idea, the black outline really sets them off, it looks so effective. Hope your well & enjoying more time to yourself. Doris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and lovely
    Christine Cloutier

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina, you constantly amaze me with how creative you are. I don't think it would have ever occurred to me to use the scraps to make squares. They're all lovely, but I think my two favorites were the glitter one and the diamond-shaped one. I love your videos as they inspire me to make more cards and I'm definitely going to make some of these. I have to admit that I was laughing out loud when I heard Ruby snoring. She sounded like she was dead to the world..too, too funny! You do have a very soothing voice, so I can understand why she was so relaxed. Thank you for posting the video and other cards.
    Sherry Hay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many gorgeous card. Great way to use up scraps, must remember this,
    Thank you Christina for all your fabulous ideas 💡 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Christina you are so patient, they have turned out wonderful. Love Anne Owens ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great designs, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful designs with the squares!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...