Beautiful Card Designs Made Easy

May 07, 2024

Embossing Paper

 Hi Everybody,

Sometimes we have papers in out stash that don't quite fit the bill and these are some that I have in mine.

They are really pretty foiled papers that I have had for a long time and used often, but the foiling was the wrong colour for what I wanted. 

It was a rose gold and would have been completely wrong for the idea I had in mind.

So with some wet glue and some embossing powder I changed them in to something that I did want and it worked out really well .

I have had them so long I don't remember where they are from.
I selected the papers from the pad and I traced the pattern that I wanted to use with the glue.

 I allowed it to become tacky and then I sprinkled it with the embossing powder of my choice

The top card was done with gold and the bottom one in silver.

Both are then heated to melt the powder and allowed to cool.  The shine and the raised effect are lovely.

The twine is some that I got ages ago from Amazon and it lasts for ages as there is so much on the spool.

I filmed the process to share with you and I will add the other cards using the left over pieces and the glitter papers  from the video in another post.

 
More tomorrow ...

Hugs xx>

4 comments:

  1. Hi Christina, brilliant video! How clever are you to think about altering those pretty papers. I don't think my brain would ever let loose like that. The cards turned out so beautiful. I think now I am going to sort through my paper stash to see what I can alter. Even if mine don't turn out as well as yours, I think it's going to be so much fun giving it a try...especially as I have recently stocked up on some great glitter colours to try along side of the embossing powders. Bejay xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristina, you come up with the best ideas for modifying cards to make them gorgeous. Thank you so much for inspiring me to think outside of the box. I have several packets of paper that I've had for years and now I have some ideas of how to transform them to cards I'll like.
    Sherry Hay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Brilliant idea's Christine I would never have thought of doing that with embossing powder the effect is so good, I have watched your videos for many years now & it never ceases to amaze me how you think of the new uses for your card stash. Really enjoyed that Doris x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message to say you have been ...